TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeYearly TCHA meet? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Yearly TCHA meet?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:37 am

Many Organizations get together every year. Its a great way to get public attention and grow and get the name out there. What do you think the odds that we could do something. Yes it would be small at start, but grow year after year.? Thoughts. I think it would be fun and worth while?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:45 pm

I have been thinking about that alot recently and I agree some type of annual event would
be pretty cool. I am not sure how to go about it as of yet but I will figure something out!
Also I thought maybe a contest of sorts would be helpfull to intergrate, maybe a jacket
contest like Los Cazadores only not a green jacket for a book deer, but a black Carhart embroirderd
logo on back for like the best spike or best cull or teaching a kid to hunt or special needs hunt
something along those lines. Still pondering-need help!
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Agreed, Will need a location and Funding(Sponsors). ? Well we know there are a million acres of Public land via the TPWD. Wonder if there is a way to get them involved. I will look on the site later and get some info on contacts to mail something out. If thats ok with you. Then we will have to think about how to word everything and how to come across and sell the idea. Just my ideas off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Sounds great!!!! The two biggest issues are as you guessed funds and location.
Location the smaller of the two cause I know of a few places but those are in houston area
wich brings another problem a lot of our members are not close enough to make the meeting
desireable to show. The funding is a much larger issue! To date every penny in TCHA came
out of the pocket of yours truly. By design TCHA has no fees to members and collects no fees
from clients (labor for cull) so I guess I didnt think it out so good. I just wanted to help other
hunters and thier kids find an affordable way to get thier knees in the trees!!

Now that things have gotten much bigger than I thought they would I guess there needs to be
some sort of regrouping if you will, to better help our fellow Texans. The youth and handicapped
programs alone will be a large undertaking to get them fully active. And I think will be the most
Important things we as a group will do. So far TCHA has gotten by with the help of our members
doing what they do best, to contribute to the cause. And it has gotten us this far.

While I am not a fan of non-profits, "I think they are more concerned about the linings of thier
pockets than the cause they claim to champion"

That may be something that has to be looked into. (Thoughts?)...................................Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Well, we can get money coming in off the bat if we can get advertising links on the site.,Every click gets money. Here is some ideas I found.

Building a website and getting sponsors is often an exciting and fulfilling task. Until your website ranks high on the search engines and has enough traffic to directly attract companies as sponsors, you'll need other monetization methods. There are many content management systems that allow a person to quickly build a good-looking, user-friendly website with little or no technical knowledge. In addition, there are many ad agencies that will allow you to place relevant ads on your website, even if you don't have a lot of traffic.
Difficulty: Moderate
Instructions
Things You'll Need:

* Computer
* Web browser

Go to WordPress.com or Weebly.com, and sign up for a website. Start building your website by choosing a template, uploading your content and pictures. Make sure that you have a lot of high-quality content, as articles will eventually attract website visitors through the search engines.

Apply to put ads on your website through Google and AdBrite by signing up at Google.com/adsense and AdBrite.com. After your accounts are approved, both ad companies will give you a few lines of code to implement so that ads will appear on your website. Every time a surfer clicks on an ad, you'll get money.

Find sponsors for your website. Go to your favorite search engine and type in a keyword phrase that best relates to your web page. Browse each website that appears on the first page of the search engine results. Find each company's phone number, and call them about the advertising spots available on your website. You can start by charging a flat monthly fee for an ad. In addition, you can continue using the Google Adsense and AdBrite code on your website.

Read more: How to Create a Website & Get Sponsors | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5877748_create-website-sponsors.html#ixzz1AOahstpm
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:37 pm

How To Get Advertisers Or Sponsors For Your Website

Posted September 8th, 2008 by Jeremy Schoemaker

I have been getting asked lately about how to approach companies for advertising or sponsoring contests. Almost all inquiries I can respond to easily with several of the following:

1) You have a super spammy blogspot domain. I doubt any company is going to take you seriously.
2) There is no about or bio page on the site that says anything about what your site is about.
3) You have less then 10 posts on your blog and it looks like the last one was over 7 months ago.
4) You are based outside of the United States. I know its not fair… but its just the way it is. (I have sponsored contests outside of the USA but I doubt most companies will)
5) Your blog is titled “Make Money With firstname lastname”.
6) It looks like nobody ever visits your site but you ? PageRank 0 and Alexa 9,000,000
7) You have no other advertisers advertising on your blog. Just a bunch of “Advertise Here” boxes
8 ) Your email is @hotmail/@gmail/@yahoo and not @yourblog.com or the site your trying to pitch.
9) The whois information about your site is anonymous (or in your case not yours)
10) Just in the email you wrote me I spotted 10 grammatical errors alone.

So I guess I will start with the advertisers one first. Here are my tips for getting advertisers for your blog/website.

Just start with anyone at any price.

Yes that’s right. Nobody wants to advertise on a blog that nobody is advertising on. When I first sell ads on websites most of the time its either trade outs or for very very low money (usually 1/10th of what it should be). You can always raise your rates later and let the market decide if its too high but nobody likes being the first advertiser.

Create a Zone page with demographics and statistics.

You can see my advertising page here. It makes it very easy for people to see what placements are available and where they are located on the page. Take a full screenshot if possible. The Pearl Crescent Page Saver extension works well to take a screenshot of the full page instead of just what you can see.

Also on that page I give out general statistics on traffic the website receives.

Tell the advertiser why they should advertise with you.

Again as you can see on my advertising page I show all the awards and mainstream press mentions the website gets. I also highlight the sites that point out how my site has driven them tons of sales and what a value it was to advertise. Testimonials can also be good.

Well those are the basic tips for how to get advertisers… but as far as getting contest sponsors I will add one more.

Let the company know exactly what they are getting

Don’t try to bs companies… especially if your in the “Making Money Online” space. After spending money with you or sponsoring a contest on your site if the traffic you told them you expected is not there then not only are they not going to spend any more money with you but you can bet they will let other companies know that your website is not a very good return on investment. Usually before I advertise I will ask other or previous advertisers there experience with a website. Its amazing what a small group the advertising space is.

One last tip for both contests and advertising - Hit up people that you already have a business relationship with first. Especially those affiliate companies you are making money for. There is so much bullcrap being written by people who have ZERO experience actually doing what they are talking about that usually companies are happy to put their brand on your site.
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Cull,

I also need a email with a attachment, on what exactly you would like me to send out to prospects. I am not the best writer in the world. I have time to track down people to email and get the message out. Even if one bite out of a 100. Some thing is better than nothing. There are many people out that would love to get in on this. Having worked with U-Haul all these years I still know over 100+ Dealers that think alot of me, I can send them all a message. I know some will help, I made them money for years and helped them every day. If you can hurry I do have access to all the emails of these folks for the time being.

Another thing I think is , maybe if we could get a paypal link on the site for donations. I know I would shoot a few dollars here and there.

CL is a free great place to post. If I also had something formal to post there inviting folks in to join and what we do. I have learned that its best that we all post the same thing in our areas in order for it to look like we know what we are doing and have the same message to share.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:16 am

Definatly sounds like a step in the right direction!!
I am Dove hunting today, last day of the season with good weather.
I will start tonite trying to put together what you need to see what bites.

Thanks so much........................Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Good deal, let us know how the hunt went.
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 pm

Who Hoo. Did I see some adds on the front page or am I drunk?
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:31 am

If you aint i am ....Where??
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:45 pm

On the log in page before you log in, Maybe the ads have been there all this time and I just now saw them?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:14 am

Yeah they started after people started showing up here. I guess thats what happens when you sign up for the free one.
Our forum is one Ranger got for free so I guess thats how they pay for it.................
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 am

Oh yeah kinda like free internet i use to get many moons ago .You had to put up with all the ads that flashed before you eyes ...but it was free!!....I never log out so i guess i dont get to see the ads here.......
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 am

Ditto
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:47 am

Hum, So now they will make money from your hard work and you get nothing? Other than a free site?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:53 am

Thats about the size of it!!...........I look at it like this if Ranger did not find us a free
venue this whole forum would not exist.Because of this we have gotten this far and continue
to grow on a weekly basis. The bigger we grow and keep our costs down,the more Texans
we can help and the more fun we can have as a group at the same time!

Give a man some deer sausage, and he will enjoy it with his kids.

Teach a man to hunt or help provide a man a way to hunt.
And he will teach his kids to hunt or take them on that hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a pretty powerful thing right there!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:16 am

" Give a man some deer sausage, and he will enjoy it with his kids.

Teach
a man to hunt or help provide a man a way to hunt.
And he will teach
his kids to hunt or take them on that hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cull..

You said it better than anyone. You know what would be cool as heck. The BSA hold a get together every year. One of the largest organized activities in the US from what I am told. My old boss was a scout master and went there every year. I am not sure if it is held in Texas or some where else or if maybe Texas dose something along the side for its state. Could you imagine if we could go there for a few days a year in the summers and spend some time with the kids and teach them the above as you stated. Could you imagine the people you could meet and network.?
Back to top Go down
Jim
Admin
Admin

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:32 am

We used to sponsor the BSA when I was with the NRA. Youth hunts, hunters training courses, skeet shooting. Stuff as a kid you will never forget.
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:34 am

I know, some of the best times I can remember was when I was in the BSA and on camping trips. Fun, Fun. Did some crazy stupid stuff too. lol.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Hunt ..............Good idea with the BSA thing,Ill look into it as soon as I can.
Just got back from cull hunt in Hebbronville, WOW is all I can say now,
Will post story and try to post pics next day or so. Super busy right now.
Cull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yearly TCHA meet? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yearly TCHA meet?   Yearly TCHA meet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Yearly TCHA meet?
Page 1 of 1