TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeCurrent News with the TCHA I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Current News with the TCHA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

Current News with the TCHA Empty
PostSubject: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:45 pm

I figured this would be a good thread for "Cull" to where he could keep the community informed of current and future plans and projects. I believe this will help get the word out when folks visit the site and read the forums, maybe pick up some more members and posters. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 am

Cull.. In reply to the message below, I do have a Trailer that is rather built well that we have a flat bottom boat on right now. I will try to snap some pics soon, its at my brothers house stored. Nothing special but has lights and is registerd. We realy do not use the boat and have talked about selling as we both own this togher. I would be more than happy to give this for the cause. Sell the boat, keep the trailer and use the money to build a box and mount. The catch is, my brother owns this with me so I have to sell him one the idea. I will get with him and show him the site and what we are trying to grow. Wish me luck and maybe we can get something rolling on this. Will update you all soon.

TCHA.....Announces A new special interest project.

By design our organization works and hunts on many different ranches and in doing so we need to be a mobile group. On the same token our ability to succesfully
execute special needs hunts (handicaped hunts) also depends on mobility. With that said I would like to build a bad-ass mobile handicaped accessable hunting stand.
This mobile stand will be built on a flat bed trailer and remain fixed to that trailer. Painted camo by TCHA kids and from the bottom of the windows down will be used
to advertise or thank donators for contributions. Once stand is in position to hunt we simply cover trailer and ads with camo burlap and get to hunting.

We will be looking for a trailer to be used for this project. We have a few designs that i think will work but I believe that all design aspects will depend
on what type of trailer we can scrounge up. Our houston area members could easily get the basic building materials needed from extras on job sites
but the foundation (trailer) is going to be the hardest nut to crack.

Just imagine one friday afternoon and sunday morning that mobile stand all painted up traveling from Houston to say Kerrville and back, the "buzz"
from just the hunters alone might crash the website!!!!

Lets take it a step further not only do we use it for our hunts we bring it to non-affiliated ranches that want to donate a hunt to a handicaped veteran
but are not set up to accomodate.(Retaining rights to video tape and publish) Ill bet you one weekend with that with that rancher and he will be calling back
to have our organization help with his deer management needs!!

If yall would quietly investigate the possibility of a donated or extremely cheap trailer(The Change has gotten us all) I would greatly appriciate your help
This could be the vehicle that gets us the exposure and affiliates to keep our freezers full and help others at the same time!! EAT THE MEAT!!

President TCHA.......Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:53 am

Hunt

Thats very generous of you let me know if I can help sell your bro on the idea trade or barter you know.
I can give yall a donation recipt you might could get a write off? We are not a registerd non-profit. But by design
we are a non-profit we dont charge any fees for anything including membership and we have no sponsers. YET!!
I promise to you or whoever donates we will use the trailer only for this cause and nothing else as it will be
secured to the trailer in a permenant manner!!!
Thanks so much Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Here are the pics of the boat, as you can see, nice axels and wheel base and tires

[img]Current News with the TCHA Photo-1[/img][[img][img]Current News with the TCHA Photo[/img]
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Well, I have him interested, kinda wanting to do some bartering or trading..for a little something cause of the $$ in this we put in. FYI.. so yes,, there is something we can do.. cheers
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Looks like it make a good duck huntin boat!!!
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:50 am

Hunt

I would hate for yall to be out any $$ on this and I think the boat trailer would take a lot of
re-working to accomodate the box. It can be done we have some tallented guys in our fold.
Lets figure out a way to do this and yall not get hit in the wallet at the same time.
Reddog had a good idea it does look like a good duck huntin boat maybe talk with your bro
and come up with an acceptable number for boat or boat and trailer and get it to reddog
he knows a lot of duck hunters maybe its just what one of them is lookinn for.
Also put it in the trading post here maybe a browser might need it .
Thanks Cull
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:01 am

I got a couple of traiers for free on Craigs list, fixed them and sold them, I'll look for a flat bed, see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Fyrdog

Thanks man Ill do the same.

Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

yea, been doing that here too ,...so whats all in the works on projects other than this one place where the axis are and the trailer?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 6:16 am

Thanks Hunt,

There are other things in the works but I have found until we have an aggrement it is always better to keep
those things under my hat. It sucks to tell people yeah we are doing this gig, and then the rancher has a change
of heart. How about you? Talk to any ranchers in your area I have found the best way to get something going
is to go out and start it. When we started this thing I hung out at feed stores looking for farm truck plates and
starting casual conversations with the drivers got our first projects going! I think that as quickly as our membership
is growing we will need members to try to get ranches in thier area interested and in contact with me.
As they say the bird dog always hunts!!

Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:17 am

Hunt for Food

I forgot to tell you that I am really impressed with the work you and the others have put in to this forum
with out yall it would still be me just posting off beat articles and scratching my head. We are just starting
to get some recognition and in time I belive we can be a LOUD and RESPECTED voice in Texas hunting!
Good men with Honerable Intentions are a force to be reckoned with!!!!!

Thanks so much.................Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:55 pm

Happy to be of help, I think this will be a win win for all involved, Redog and others did just as much as I..hats off to them also.
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:38 am

I've had a few customers out in the country areas, small ranches and farms. While their not big enough to hunt on, they know others that are, so I've been passing on the info. Hopefully something will come from it.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:20 am

Way to go guys....all of us working on the same thing in different parts of the state WILL be quite effective

Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 am

Going to the printer!!!!!!

Finelly going to get window stickers orderd, will let yall know when we get them.

Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:42 am

Looking forward to it.... put me on the want list!!! .......Got any pics of the sticks?
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:36 pm

Heck yea. same here
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:07 am

Reddog

You know I aint good with the computer, but i will give it a try........................................Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 am

You can do it! I know you can!!!.....or just send it to me via email .........
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 am

Another Project Completed

Robert Scherer of The World Class White Tail Ranch and American Rod smiths contacted me to see if we could help with an add on he wanted to get done before
Thanks Giving. I met him at his offices and he told me about what he wanted to build
and wanted to know if we could make the dead line. I responded with “Hell Yeah”
we shook hands and I headed for my office. On the short drive I made a few phone calls
To some of the primary members of TCHA to see of their availability and you guessed it
They all said “Hell Yeah” also. I needed 2 Carpenters 1 Electrician and a Plumber just in case. I had a crew assembled before I got to the office!

At my desk I put together a material list and got it to Mr. Scherer. After double checking
With the crew I committed to November 19th as a start date and to be finished on the 21st
It was tough but we did it!! The Carpenters are the Heroes on this project those guys did not stop working the entire weekend, they didn’t even see the ranch aside from the road
Going in to camp and camp itself!

The electrical work related to the project was pretty light so the electrician took care of
A couple of other repairs the ranch needed.” Way to go Sparky”!!

The Plumber helped with whatever we needed but it was not much because we had it covered pretty well and no emergencies raised their ugly head. So he helped the hunters on the ranch with what ever they needed!
“Great job Mr. Plumber”!

We would also like to thank the staff, crew, and hunters at the World Class White Tail Ranch for making us feel at home and for their comoradrie! “Yall Rock”

Since there was a little free time on Sunday morning for the electrician and since he is a newer member and this was his first TCHA labor for cull job we thought it would be cool
If he could get a doe for his freezer. Pics and video comeing soon.

As for the rest of us we will be scheduling with Mr. Scherer as to when we will return to
Hunt!!!!!!!

“Yeah Team”………………………………Jeff Jeter TCHA
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:34 pm

AWESOME!!!!...HATS OFF TO THE TCHA!!! ...........WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks Reddog

You would have been real proud of this crew, they made us look like the pros that we are.
also Mr Scherer has a buddy with a ranch in Freer that has a hog problem that we might could help with!
Dont know any particulars at this time but I will talk to the man after Thanksgiving and see.
We dont usually do labor for cull for feral hogs. But if we have guys who want to than thats something
we would have to concider.

Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:49 am

I say never close the door on huntin opportunity`s........one thing i like about huntin hog is you don`t have to worry about culls, to young, to old or how many points they have. There all trophy`s..........
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Good point RD ................................Tasty Tasty Trophies,

I will be talking with Mr. Scherer this comeing week I will look into the hog situation and let yall know what comes of it.

Cull
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:42 am

I would love to get in on a hog hunt with you guys, let me know what needs to be done.

Last edited by fyrdog929 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out some words.)
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 am

OK sounds like we got a hunting party willing to go to south texas, so I will try to get the wheels turning.
I hope to have some solid info by this time next week!!!..................................................Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 am

Have been busy this week and have not tracked the rancher down as of yet. I will try again next week to
get some solid info for you guys.....................................Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Truck Stickers look like cull mans avatar so i been told...Can`t wait to buy me some TCHA sticks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey guys been away for a few, had things going on, I had a procedure and my daughter had a heart procedure and looks like we may need another this one did not fix the problem. I thought I saw a message where Cull has stickers ready or was I under when I saw that..
Back to top Go down
Jim
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:52 pm

We have stickers.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:02 am

Hunt,

Im sorry to hear about the deal with your daughter. I hope for the best!!!!! As far as stickers go I got them done
some weeks back but have not gotten my lazy butt to the post office to send em out! I will do it this week.
e-mail me your address so I can shoot em to ya.......................................Cull
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:49 am

I don't know if anyone will get out to hunt today, or if like me, I know, most of us have family obligations so we will be with family. So I wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone. Have a great day.
Ralph
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:11 am

Hunt,
Hope everything goes well with your daughter sir...You and her will be in our pray`s...........

Fyr,

Mama said no huntin to day so we loaded up to head out in the morning ....then next week new years gotta play it by ear on that one.....

Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Thanks to all for your warm thought.. Means alot!, I will get that Address to you.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:43 pm

Going to Hebbronville next weekend to do the cull hunt for the (world class white tail ranch) the place where we
built the pantry and did some electrical work for Robert Scherer. Robert owns American Rodsmiths a custom fishing
rod company that has done a lot for TCHA. Heck they even sponser our bbq cook off team!
The next time youre going to buy a new fishing rod look into American Rodsmiths they are some of the best made
and they are made in Houston Texas by Texans who care about your out door life style and the future of hunting
and fishing in our great state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post pics of hunt as soon as I can. It will be a while longer for the edited
video of the job and hunt...................................................................................................Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Thats some of the best hunting country i`ve every deer hunted.... good luck to ya cull man show us the meat!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Same here Cull, you all have fun and be safe.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:59 am

Thanks guys will do,
The cull list is quite nice indeed there is 5 men going from our group and there will be other hunters there as well.
most of wich are people we know so it will be a large time for sure!!!!

The list consists of 4 cull bucks two 6s and two 7s also there are two injured book bucks one in the 150s and one in
the 170s!!!!!!!!!!!! orders are to take the injured ones if they show. There are also 20 does to cull wich is the best part
if you ask me!

Even better is that the bucks are reserved for TCHA members!! The other hunters and my self will be hunting does!
"I got enough old stinky buck meat in the freezer already"

P.S. This is land management property so you can still kill bucks up untill feb. 28th ...................................Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:50 am

Wow, How often do you think they will have you out there?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:12 am

Not sure but I imagine there will be more work to do out there I just dont know what or
when. Put it this way every time we return to a ranch to hunt. They ask us about another
project they were thinking about doing!! EVERY TIME!!!
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Outstanding.!. Sounds like you are out and about quiet often. How are you going out and meeting and greeting. ? What is your secret. I am just not sure how to go out and prospect.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Hunt sorry so long to awnser your ? but I didnt see it till just now.
to awnser your ? is beyond my typing abilities.......haha
Give me a call....anytime...........................Cull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current News with the TCHA   Current News with the TCHA Empty

Back to top Go down

Current News with the TCHA
Page 1 of 1