TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeNew Contest idea I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

New Contest idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 7:32 pm

The other day I stoped off at a bar to have a cold one and shoot a game of pool.
You know (take the edge off the day). Well as usual with me the conversation turned to hunting and
the fella I was talking with was a hunter of many years so we were going on and on having a
large time! He had a buddy with him and this guy was not a hunter but was enjoying and interested in the banter.

I asked him a couple of questions to involve him in the conversation and realized he had no experience with the hunt but was really interested in it.

And then it hit me......If someone took the time and effort to teach him what most of us were
lucky enough to grow up with, then he might teach his family the same and possiably his
kids will pass in down.

This I believe could be a very powerfull thing to do not only does one add another hunter
to the fold now, he also has the potential to add his descendants!!.......WOW!!!

So I am starting a contest to help promote this idea, I could use yall's thoughts on this!
A formal announcement will be soon after I figure out how to put this together.

Thanks Yall.....................Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Great idea! Right off the bat, I think of a "Big Brother" type deal where you volunteer to take a kid hunting. Maybe it's only with a pellet gun, but get them outdoors and teach them about the woods, signs, ecology, etc......I'm PUMPED!!!!
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:20 pm

One thing to do is get them to join the TCHA .... you dont have to be a hunter to join here and for those that are interested in learning to hunt what better way then a hunting talk forum to make new friends and learn the true values of the outdoors.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Great Ideas Gentlemen!!! Keep em coming!!
Back to top Go down
BMarshall

BMarshall

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:07 pm

Stress also that hunting is not just for guys either.. Don't know how many times I've heard women and young 'uns ask me "isn't that for guys only ??"
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Bravo!!! Mr Marshall, well said!!

This is for all that are interested in hunting. I guess the idea of the contest
is to teach someone to enjoy the hunt. That person must have very little
experience to none at all and maybe,... not a family member.

The idea is to try to help a new person interested in hunting the oppurtunity to enjoy our family traditions! And hopefully they start a new family tradition
of thier own!

Possiabily in time this could increase the # of liscenced hunters in the state of Texas,,,,,'By a whole bunch'. More hunters!!! Strength in numbers...My freinds............Well thats all I got so far...................Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:46 pm

I guess there should be a prize if its a contest! Dont worry We will come up with something. Mybe a Carhart work jacket embroirderd with logo or something like that.....Might could afford that kinda stuff......Cull
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:53 am

Announcing the TCHA Hunting Heritage contest!!

Find a person interested in hunting but with little to no experience.
Teach them all you know ,show them as much as you can.
Document your teachings as much as possiable (camera/video) and post to forum.

1) Race,gender or age is not a factor
2)Immediate family members are not allowed to enter.
(the idea is to get new families in to the fold)
3)The prize should be the sheer joy one would get out of such an event.
but that dont always (grease the wheels) so I will have a custom Embroiderd Carhart jacket made for the teacher and a hunt of some sort for teacher and student!!!!!!..........Cull
Back to top Go down
BMarshall

BMarshall

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:20 pm

That should get some kind of response..

Unfortunately the drought conditions around here are killing any hunting opportunities. We need rain.. BADLY !!
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah, drought conditions are pretty bad in south Texas and pretty much most of the state from what I hear. Already it looks like no Quail this year!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Contest idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Contest idea   New Contest idea Empty

Back to top Go down

New Contest idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION :: TCHA NEWS-
Jump to: