TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeGame Camera Photos I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Game Camera Photos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Darn coons! We have a doe with a tag on her ear as well.

Game Camera Photos Feeder4712

Game Camera Photos Feeder1102

Game Camera Photos Feeder8572

Game Camera Photos Feeder7862
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Dang coons are killin you guys...Your in a big hurt for a cage!!!....Where yall get the ear tag deer?... That long eared thing looks like a So. Tx. deer!!...Those night time pics are nice and clear...how does it do on the battery`s

Thanks for the nice pics JR!!!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:25 pm

There is a ranch that breeds deer nearby. I guess that tagged one got out somehow. I wish a big one would get out and come to visit.
I have the camera on a 12V battery box. A charge is supposed to last about 4 months.

Game Camera Photos Unnamed
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Oh wow that's a cool set up on the cam!!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Weatherproof and all! My dad has trapped a few of the coons, but looks like he has much more to do. Perhaps I can get some night hunting in with my bow.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:03 pm

If you noticed.....no pics of oinkers!
Back to top Go down
BMarshall

BMarshall

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:27 pm

Maybe that ear tag doe is carrying a future monster buck.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

If so its here due date!!!
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:52 pm

Jackrabbit68 wrote:
If you noticed.....no pics of oinkers!

Are you sure about that????
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Yep. No pigs so far. Closest they've been spotted is about 25 miles. It's just a matter of time before they get here.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Well i have been shock to find pigs in areas where you least expect them... sometime pigs live in other areas around you..Your place wont show any signs of hogs since there mostly nocturnal....I dont see any pig at my Brady deer lease but the pigs live next door!!....Like you say Just a matte of time!!
Back to top Go down

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:26 am

You need some serious rabbit cage wire - wont take 20 minutes tops to build a good varmint cage .Then add two clips to the bottom for access.Those are some nice camera photos for a trail camera though.
Back to top Go down

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:28 am

ps..if you have hogs 25 miles away - I hate to tell ya...you have hogs too..Hogs are like gypsies - you may have them in a area for 3 months and then not see one for 6 months ..not trying to piss on your parade,but they are there.

I have a Wildgame Innovations trail camera - it sucks ..after 3 weeks of reviewing all the trail cameras made I just about settled on a Primos Truth cam....but now after looking at the clarity of the Stealth Cam - I think I just changed my mind,again.Thanks for posting those pictures.What model of the stealth cam is the one you have ??
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:02 pm

700X, the camera is a Nomad IR.
The property has been in our family for 70 years and nobody has ever seen hogs or any signs of hogs, so seems we're lucky for now. We've only got a small 40 acre tract.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Primos Truth Cam. Academy had the Stealth Cam for 1/2 price when we picked it up.
Back to top Go down

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:55 pm

No Hogs ?? all I can say is wow..the Tpwd would probably like to talk to ya..LOLL

They have a death wish against any and ALL hogs.Personally I wish the state would worry about state parks and lakes and leave the hogs alone.I love hogs - 60/40 is my favorite deer sausage..we actually look for a lease that has hogs !!

The only other problem I have with the Feds and the State trying to "improve" something that deals with wildlife is the old story of the State Vs the Coyote - the Coyote won ,after millions and millions of dollars.The Feds have screwed up the Geese so bad that the Tundra is just completely gone - Lets keep in mind that the Feds and the State of Texas are the "experts",,,we see what that got us..Now they want people to fly around in choppers- reminds me of the people who clear land - build a house where the Deer are and then 2 years later cry about the deer in their yards..

Off the bandwagon now Very Happy -

Thats some really good pictures - I compared the 2 cameras feature to feature and I think im still gonna go with the Truth Cam,thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:01 pm

It's like the wolf population in Montana. More wolves, less elk, but the tree huggers think the wolves are like pet dogs, so we're not allowed to contorl the population. In Canada, where they are able to "MANAGE" the wolf population, the Elk thrive. Sometimes common sense just flies out the window with some of these people. I'm on your bandwagon, 700X! There's a Petersen's Bowhunting Podcast about that very thing. Very informative!
Back to top Go down
51baldeagle

51baldeagle

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey JR68 I have a solar panel on my feeder, no worries on charging it so what I do is switch to my batteries to game camera, til I get a solar for my G.C. works really good, what need to do is to set a fence like yours to stop Los Hogs.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos EmptyThu May 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Sounds like you have a good plan there, 51. I'm putting another fence around another feeder this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Camera Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Camera Photos   Game Camera Photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Camera Photos
Page 1 of 1