TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeDaily Devotional - Page 3 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Daily Devotional

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Daily Devotional - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 pm

March 16

THE POWER
OF HIS MIGHT

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

You are fighting a spiritual war, but Satan wants you to think that you are on the losing side. All he has at his disposal are fiery darts of temptation and deception. He is able - on occasion, to give you a “thorn in the flesh.” He is not permitted to tempt you with anything more than you can stand. God is going to protect you, but He expects you to do your part. You are to use the weapons He has given you, against the powers of darkness.

You are not to use your own power, but are to be strong because of His power. Satanic forces will work through people or governments, and many will use human ideas to overcome them. God wants you to ask Him for directions, so that you will be victorious against their attacks. Start praising the Lord, because He will enable you to overcome the problems you are facing today.

Prayer Thought

Temptation is always a shortcut. It’s Satan’s way of offering you now, what God wants to give you later on. What he doesn’t tell you is the cost, and the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm

March 17

THE SHIELD
OF FAITH

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

You received divine faith the moment you accepted Jesus as your Savior. You increase that faith as you read His Word. That faith becomes a shield against the attacks of the satanic forces, but must be used to be effective. When doubt tries to attack you, use your faith to resist it. Expect the Lord to honor His Word, and help you in your time of need.

A tea bag releases its strength when it is put into a cup of hot water. The Lord is able to show His power to the world when you are going through trouble. The people of the world will see your faith and confidence in God and in His promises, and want to receive the same help for their needs. The Lord receives glory as a result of your faith and actions.

Prayer Thought

Be prepared, because you are up against far more than you can handle on your own. Truth and faith are more than just words. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon - use it. (The Message.)
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 8:40 pm

March 18

SWORD OF
THE SPIRIT

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

You release your faith when you apply the Scripture that covers the problem. Expect the power of the Lord to do the same thing for you that was done in the Bible. When you look for Scriptures to cover the problems you are facing, you will build up a good list to work from. Eventually this habit will become second nature to you, as you apply them.

Expect God to honor your faith just as He has honored the faith of countless others in every century. First of all find out what the will of the Lord is concerning your need. Next, look for Scripture that matches your problem. Tell the Lord that a precedent was set there, and that you would like Him to do the same thing for you. It is necessary to get rid of any spirits of doubt or unbelief that may be affecting you.

Prayer Thought

Remember, words of faith produce faith. Words of fear produce fear, and words of doubt produce doubt. Your faith is seed - watch what you plant.

March 19

PLACE OF REFUGE

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.”

Many Christians, in a time of need or crisis, tend to become afraid, or panic. God expects you to depend upon the promises He has given you in the Bible. Start quoting them, and the spirit of fear will be driven out by God’s power. The spirit of fear will make you want to say that you are afraid, whereas the Psalmist says: “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.’ ” You do not have to be afraid when you can have confidence in whom you depend. You are depending on the Lord, Who is completely capable of helping you in any time of need. You can trust in Him, because He will never let you down.

Psalm 91:3 tells you that He will deliver you from the trap of the hunter, as well as perilous pestilences. Expect the Lord to give you the divine protection He promised.

Prayer Thought

It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Fill your spirit with faith words and your fear and panic will disappear.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:52 pm

March 20

DIVINE
DELIVERANCE

2 Samuel 22:18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me; for they were too strong for me. 19. They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Riots, strife and tension are greatly increasing, but these don’t need to make you afraid if your confidence is in the Lord. How strong is your enemy? It’s impossible for him to be stronger than the Lord, who is on your side. God wants to deliver you today, however He is expecting your trust in Him. On one occasion my wife and I spent a week in Soweto, South Africa for a convention. During that time nine people were killed in a tent down the road from us. The first night we were there a man was shot to death across the street from my wife. We were not the least bit afraid because we were depending on the promises of God protecting us. Remember, the Lord is your support, and wants to help you in your time of need. Call out to Him and ask for His help.

Prayer Thought

“God You’re my refuge, I trust in You and I’m safe. You order Your angels to guard me, wherever I go.” Psalm 91.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:56 pm

March 21

THE NAME OF JESUS

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

Christians in every country of the world are faced with serious situations. A feeling of hopelessness is trying to grip people to cause them to stop depending on the faith that God has given you. Satan wants as many believers as possible to live defeated lives, and does not want the power of God to be demonstrated through you. Jesus has given you the authority or “power of attorney” to use His name in all situations where it is needed. Every time you come to a situation that is beyond your control, you have the wonderful privilege to use the power behind His name. John 14:13 shows us that the Father receives glory because His power has been used. The satanic forces are very much afraid of the Name of Jesus, and back away from you, when you have the authority to use it. Expect God to work in a greater way as you use this authority.

Prayer Thought

Take authority over your thoughts! Transfer your trust to Him and His thoughts - not worry. What you think about most, indicates where your trust lies.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

March 22

POWER IN THE
NAME OF JESUS

Hebrews 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

My grandmother, spent over sixty years as a missionary in Africa. During this time God worked through her in a mighty way. Before my grandparents went to Africa in 1912 the roof of their home caught on fire. Her immediate thought was, “Where is a Scripture to cover this problem?” The Holy Spirit immediately reminded her of the Hebrews 11:33-34. The next thing she did was point to the fire and say, “In the name of Jesus it shall not be.” The fire was immediately stopped, and the roof was not damaged at all. Only the rafters under the roof were scorched. In the 1950's when my parents were back in the States, my father went looking for the house. He found the rafters were still in the same scorched condition. This was mute testimony of my grand-mother’s faith.

Prayer Thought

God has provided each of you with all the “tools” you need to stand against any of Satan’s attacks, but they are totally useless unless you use them.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 4:13 pm

March 23

DIVINE HEALING
Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.

Divine healing is possible through the power of the Name of Jesus. Isaiah looked forward to, and 1 Peter 2:24 looked back to it. Jesus paid for your atonement, which includes much more than salvation. Six of the things that are available, are seen in Isaiah 53. No blessing of the atonement will fail until salvation fails. Jesus paid for: 1. Your Salvation, 2. New Nature, 3. Healing, 4. Your Pains, 5. Your Peace, 6. You were redeemed from the Curse of The Law, see Galatians 3:13 and Colossians 1:13-14; 2:14-15. A person may take his clothes to the dry cleaners and pay for the cleaning in advance, but does not have to pay for them again when picked up. Jesus has paid for your healing, all you have to do is to accept the healing that He has already paid for.

Prayer Thought

God never puts sickness on you. Good things come from God, bad things from Satan. If you dwell in the secret place of the Most High, pestilence can’t come near you.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 pm

March 24

DO NOT
BE AFRAID

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Fear can tear down or control you in direct proportion to the problems that come your way. Fear does not have a claim over you. Faith will be built up in your life as you remove fear from your spirit. Fear is the opposite of faith. Both are released by expecting something you can’t see. Faith comes from seeing the Word. Fear comes from seeing the problem. Faith is released by the words of your mouth. Fear is also released by the words of your mouth. Focus on the answer to the problem, rather than on the problem. When you quote Scripture you are resisting the enemy who is tempting you with a spirit of fear. The more Scripture you quote to the enemy, the more pain you inflict on the satanic forces. The Lord wants to give you total victory over fear, which will be possible as you spend time studying the Scriptures.

Prayer Thought

Remember, resist the devil and he has to run! Tell Satan to “Beat it,” for the Greater One lives in you, and you have His authority to kick the devil out.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:33 pm

March 25

ARE YOU AFRAID?

Isaiah 41:13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, “Fear not, I will help you.”

When Elisha was in Dothan the enemy army came against the city during the night. The servant saw them and became very afraid, so Elisha asked God to open his eyes. When you are surrounded by an enemy you can pray: “Lord open the eyes of the enemy to see the protection I have, and make them run for their lives.”

One night a man broke into the home of a Seventh Day Adventist lady, who fearfully grabbed her baby, and then cautiously said “Jesus.” The man’s eyes immediately opened wide. She then said “Jesus” a little louder. His eyes opened wider, and he began to stare at something above and behind her. She said “Jesus” louder, one more time, then the man fled. Remember: there is power in the Name of Jesus, and we have the authority to use His name in a time of need.

Prayer Thought

Jesus says in John 16 “Trust Me, you will be unshakeable and assured, deeply at peace, remember, I’ve conquered the world, have no fear.” (The Message.)

March 26

DIVINE PROTECTION

Deuteronomy 3:22 You must not fear them, for the Lord your God Himself fights for you.

One afternoon a four year old girl was watching television in the livingroom. This was a children’s program telling them that Jesus loved them and promised to protect them. During it, the mother left the room to answer the phone. While she was on the phone, a man came in and kidnaped the girl, and drove away with her. While in the car the girl told the man that he couldn’t hurt her because Jesus was protecting her. The man told her to keep quiet, but she said “I don’t have to, because Jesus is protecting me.” The man told her to “shut up,” but she still said she didn’t have to, because Jesus was protecting her. Finally the man pulled over to the side of the road and told her to get out. In the meantime the mother had called the police, who gave a description of the little girl on the police radio. A police car was right behind the car when she was pushed out. The policeman stopped and picked her up, and was able to unite her with her mother.

Prayer Thought

Refuse to say anything contrary to what you believe you’ll receive!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:43 pm

March 27

AUTHORITY OF
NAME OF JESUS

John 14:12 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

You are not given the authority to use the name of Jesus like a magic wand, but have this authority to use when you come against a situation that you can not take care of. The age of the person makes no difference, and neither does it make any difference how long you have been serving the Lord. Once a girl was trying to pass another car and misjudged her distance, and was now coming toward us in the same lane we were in. She panicked because she did not know what to do. I immediately said: “In the name of Jesus get out of my way.” She quickly turned and got out of our way. I told my friends in the car that most people would have thought that this was the time to pray, but I prayed this morning, this was the time for action, and to tell the person what you want them to do.

Prayer Thought

Believing in Jesus is more than saying words, it’s speaking the meaning of these words into the way you live!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:20 pm

March 28

ANGELIC
PROTECTION

Psalm 91:11 For He shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.

Late one night I was driving in Mexico, and saw a man standing in the middle of the road, who was waiving his arms for me to stop. His pickup was parked at the side of the road, and I thought he needed help, so I stopped behind his pickup. The Lord then showed me that this was a holdup and instantly I said, “In the name of Jesus you will not touch me.” A spirit of fear came over the man, and he jumped into his pickup and rolled up his window, obviously he was afraid that I might come after him. I pulled up beside him and asked him what he wanted. I could see fear on his face when he told me he wanted nothing, because he wanted me to leave him alone. He must have seen the angels protecting me as promised in Psalm 9l:11. You have the same protection, if you will depend on God’s promises. Spend more time reading His Word, to raise your level of faith.

Prayer Thought

Because God’s your refuge, the High God your very home, evil can’t get close to you, harm can’t get through the door.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:47 pm

March 29

SEEING YOURSELF
AS GOD SEES YOU

Judges 6:12 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!”

In the eyes of mankind Gideon was a man of fear. He was threshing his wheat in the wine press because he thought the Midianites would see him and steal his wheat. How did God see him? In the above verse God calls him a valiant warrior. God was looking at what HE will do through Gideon, and not at what Gideon can do with his own strength. The secret for your success over the spirit of fear is based on your focus. Do you focus on the situation around you, on your past failures, your lack of resources, or are you going to look to the Lord Who is your complete provider? In the coming days God wants to use you in a far greater way than you thought possible. He does not look at your inability, but what He can do through you, if you’ll let Him. Trust Him to provide all the things needed to accomplish His goal for you.

Prayer Thought

As long as Peter stepped out of the boat in faith, keeping his eyes on the Master, he walked on the water, when he looked at the waves, he lost his nerve, and started to sink. Keep your focus clear.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 pm

March 30

GOD IS
ON YOUR SIDE

Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

In the above verse as well as the first two verses of Psalm 124, you see that God is on your side. If He told you only once that He was on your side, that should be enough, but He has told you three times, which shows you He is very much on your side. When you understand that He is really on your side, you will have no reason to fear, because He is planning on coming to your defense. In Psalm 46:1-2 He tells you: God is your refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore you will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea.

God wants you to be triumphant over fear, which will be possible as you spend more time studying the Scriptures. Expect Him to increase your understanding, so that you will be able to use them in a time of need.

Prayer Thought

The battle is first won or lost in the mind. You can’t live on mental junk food and be a spiritual giant!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:44 pm

March 31

PERFORMING
GREAT EXPLOITS

Daniel 11:32 Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

The word “know” as used in the above verse, is from the Hebrew word, which means to have an intimate relationship. Sadly, many Christians will not qualify, because they do not have an intimate relationship with the Lord, only a casual relationship with Him. Others who have a good relationship with Him, will not qualify because a spirit of unbelief will keep the above verse from being fulfilled in their lives. Many in the world are facing very troublesome times and don’t know where to turn. God wants you to become the outstretched hand so His power can flow through you to meet their need. The phrase “Great exploits” refers to: bold, unusual out-standing deeds and heroic actions. Become part of this group by raising your level of faith to bring glory to God.

Prayer Thought

In order to release your faith, you must speak the Word. The Word is just a Book unless it is sown in your heart, and comes out of your mouth!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 12:14 pm

INTRODUCTION

All of you wish you could pray more effectively. Many times your prayers do not seem to be heard by the Lord. The enemy of your spirit would like you to believe that is true. Is it possible that the prayers of many believers are only on a casual basis? God does not reveal Himself to casual inquirers. When you develop a habit or life style of prayer, you will be able to recognize the voice of the Lord in a greater way. The prayer life of an individual cannot be much different from his daily walk with God. The person who is continually directed by his carnal nature will not have an effective prayer life.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

The sheep who are close to the shepherd will learn to recognize the voice of their shepherd. You will not only learn to recognize His voice, but you will find that He longs to talk to you often. Prayer is a two-way street. The Lord wants to talk to you as well as frequently hear from you, through effective prayer. Determine to make your prayer life more productive.

THE IMPORTANCE
OF PRAYER
Many Christians continue in the Christian walk just far enough to “get their feet wet”. It is as if they want to sample the Gospel, but don’t want to get totally involved. It is not surprising that they have very little of the power of God in their lives.

Far too many Christians place very little importance on their prayer life. They will say about a dozen words in casual prayer before their meals, as well as a few words before they go to sleep. The rest of the time they pray when they have a real problem, and then hope that the Lord will be willing to listen to them. Satan loves to see this type of Christian, who is powerless in the spiritual realm. This is the area in which he can twist the Christian around his little finger. You must realize that you are fighting a spiritual war, and cannot use carnal methods if you want to have great victories.

NO PRAYER LIFE
- NO POWER
Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. 11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 18. praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints.

The Christian world is fighting a tremendous battle in the heavenlies, against four different types of satanic forces. In some places they are seemingly fighting a losing battle. The Christians in those areas seem to have their hands tied, because they do not have a prayer life. The power of God cannot be demonstrated in their lives. The demonic forces seemingly can do what they want to. They need to wake up to the fact that unless they develop a strong prayer life, the power of God cannot be tapped into, to bring the victory that they so desperately need.

It is necessary for you to understand the meaning of the words that are seen in the verses above. Verse 10 states: “Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might”. God is not telling you to be strong in yourself. He says “Be strong in the Lord, and the power of his might”. Your strength is useless when used against satanic forces. You must only depend on the strength of the Lord.

The strength of the Lord is going to come through prevailing prayer. God gave a pattern for all Christians who want to be an example for Him here in this world. Over the years there are untold millions of people who have not turned to Jesus because they have not seen a demonstration of the power of God in the lives of the Christians around them. They see no difference between their own lives, and the life of the Christian. There appears to be no need to turn to God. These Christians are depending on their own strength, and not on the strength of the Lord.

If you are living for the Lord you are a real threat to the satanic forces. There will be times in your life when God has some wonderful plans for you. Satan then comes against you in a convincing way to try to stop you from getting started with God’s plans.

When Satan can get you to believe that your prayers will not make any difference, or your prayers do not count, then he has won a mighty battle. Don’t you ever believe that he is telling you the truth. What does James tell you?

James 5:16 ..... The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

Make up your mind that you are a righteous person, because Jesus has paid for your sins. He no longer holds them against you, because you have asked Him to forgive you. Since this is true, your prayers avail much. Start believing what God said through James. Start believing that your prayers mean an enormous amount in the kingdom of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Romans 5:17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

Don’t base your prayers on how you feel, because your feelings are changeable. Base your prayers on the Word of God which is unchangeable.

Many times when you start to pray, you have an idea in mind, but may become unhappy later, if the prayer was answered. God changes your perspective when you pray, this enables you to pray in the center of His will.

There are times when a Christian has been on the edge of a great victory, but then has stopped praying. Jesus showed how important this type of prayer was in the story of the unjust judge, as found in Luke 18;1-8. Jesus is teaching: being persistent will bring results. You do not need to be persistent because the Lord needs to be talked into doing something for you. He is more than willing to meet your needs than you are to ask Him. The problem is that the enemy is constantly trying to hinder your prayers from getting through. Remember that you are fighting a spiritual battle which does not end when you get an answer to one of your prayers. Every time you get an answer, Satan will become angry because he lost again, and will try harder the next time you pray to trip you up or distract you. The enemy is hoping that you will become discouraged, and quit a little sooner the next time. If he succeeds you will lose out and not receive the answer that you wanted.

Persistency, coupled with the faith of God is of utmost importance. Problems arose in the early days of the Church. The apostles regarded prayer as extremely important. They appointed others to take care of the problems, so that they could continue with the time of prayer, see Acts 6:1-4.

Another problem is seen in the latter part of Luke 18:8. What type of faith will Jesus find on the earth when He returns? There will be an enormous amount of people with faith of the senses, and only a few in comparison, with the faith of God. In Romans 10:17 you see that divine faith comes by hearing the Scriptures. This is talking about understanding and being able to repeat and apply God’s promises.

The story is told of a statement Mohandas Gandhi is credited to have made. He was a political, social and religious leader in India. “My social and religious teachings would have been totally different if I had found a Christian who had really demonstrated the nature and teachings of Jesus in his life”.

God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34), because He honors divine faith. Every one of us who has accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior has been given a measure of divine faith. See Romans 12:3 and Ephesians 2:8.

Mark 4:28 The earth yields crops by itself: first the blade, then the head, after that the full grain in the head.

There are several levels of faith. Faith is progressive. God increases your faith in the same manner as is seen in the above verse. First the blade is visible. Before it became visible the root system had to start. As your faith is grounded more in the promises of God, you will see a greater amount of faith available. You are able to believe that God longs to accomplish greater things in your life.

You can increase your faith by:

1. Reading your Bible, see Romans 10:17.

2. Believing what you read.

3. Understanding what you believe, see Matthew 13:14, 19, Isaiah 6:9.

4. Acting on what you believe. As food is eaten on a daily basis to maintain our strength, so must the study of the Word be done on a daily basis to retain your divine faith.

April 1

WHAT IS PRAYER?

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

Prayer is joining forces with the Father, having fellow-ship with Him, and carrying out His will on earth. Prayer is also bringing your desires to God, for things that are agreeable to His will, which is done in the name of Jesus. When needed, confession will be part of prayer. True prayer seeks God, Himself. It is talking with Him, and not just to Him. Jesus is going to be the Bridegroom of the Church, and it is very important that you get to know Him better. This is done through prayer and Bible study. Prayer reaches out for God’s highest willingness, when you are aiming for the center of His will. God’s will for you is always for your highest good. God wants to work in partnership with you, and many times limits Himself to your prayers.

Prayer Thought

He is still in the prayer answering business. Whatever your grounds for asking, remember you must be on praying ground. Pray hardest when its hardest to pray. Don’t expect a thousand Dollar answer for a ten cent prayer.

April 2

DEVELOPING A
PRAYER LIFE

Luke 18:1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.

Why are so many Christians ineffective in their prayer life? Why do so many not have the power of God that they see in others? Is God a respecter of persons? Many don’t bring their needs to the Lord because they aren’t expecting Him to meet them.

How is your prayer life? Without developing a good prayer life, you will run a chance of living way below the privileges God has for you. Set aside time each day to communicate with God. Spend time in praise and worship, asking the Lord to reveal Himself to you in a greater way. As you spend time in His presence, His joy and peace will envelope you. Don’t rush in with your petitions, unless there is an emergency. Ask Him if there is anything that will hinder answers to your prayers.

Prayer Thought

How much is a minute worth? It’s priceless or worthless depending on how you use it.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:32 pm

April 3

GOD’S PEACE

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The secret of the peace of God for your life is found in a life of prayer. This kind of peace is able to flood your heart because you can be confident that He is going to meet all your needs. The Holy Spirit is then able to direct you in a greater way.

Peace to some people, is the absence of hostility or turmoil, however in the midst of a storm they don’t seem to have peace either. The peace of God will give a calmness in the midst of turmoil, storm or any adverse situation. After a serious accident has affected a loved one, people could ask you, “How can you be so calm?” This is possible when you have the peace of God that is standing guard over your spirit and mind. Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there.

Prayer Thought

I am the apple of God’s eye. Whoever touches me touches Him, Zechariah 2:8.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 pm

April 4

PRAYERS OF
THANKSGIVING

Psalm 106:1 Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.

God is a God of love, but some have a picture in their mind of God having a sledge hammer behind His back. They expect Him to be watching for them to make a mistake so that He can use His hammer on them. Understand that God is a loving God, and wants to help you. The more you give Him thanks, the more you will find that He gives you something to be thankful about. God has no favorites. Everyone comes to Him on an equal basis. You may ask: “Then why does He answer other peoples prayers more than mine?” Is it possible that those people are spending more time in praise and thanksgiving? Spend time praising the Lord, and you will see a quicker release of faith to receive the answers to your needs.

Prayer Thought

Count your blessings, name them one by one; Count Your Blessings, see what God has done - J Oatman, Jr.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 pm

April 5

PRAISING
THE LORD

Psalm 22:3 But You are holy, Who inhabit the praises of Israel.

This verse shows that God inhabits the praises of His people, which means that God lives in the praises of his people. You need to realize that when you are praising the Lord, His presence is filling the place you are in. There are possibly more verses in the Bible devoted to praise and worship, than any other subject. Take a look at how much time you spend complaining or worrying, in comparison to how much time you spend praising the Lord for the answers. When you spend time praising the Lord, you are allowing the Holy Spirit to work through you. He will drive off the spirits of doubt, fear, unbelief, or any other kind of satanic force that might be trying to affect you. God has instructed you many times in the Bible to spend time praising Him, if necessary offer a sacrifice of praise.

Prayer Thought

You may praise the Lord too little, but you can never praise Him too much. He lives in the praises of His people.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 pm

April 6

PRAISE HIM WITH
ALL YOUR HEART

Psalm 111:1 Praise the Lord! I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright and in the congregation.

When you study the rest of the above psalm you will see that you are to praise Him for His faithfulness and justice. Praise Him with your whole heart. The more you sincerely praise the Lord, the more you will find that God will give you something to praise Him about. Many Christians limit their praising the Lord to the times when they have something to be joyful about. They hurt themselves by doing this because they limit the power of God from flowing through themselves. There will be times when you do not feel like praising the Lord. It then becomes necessary to spend time giving a sacrifice of praise to God. The more you study His Word, the more you will find things to praise the Lord for. Make a real effort to become better acquainted with the Lord through praise.

Prayer Thought

Spend time remembering all the things you have to be thankful for, and then praise Him for each one. Remember each moment you live is His gift to you! What you do with that moment is your gift to Him!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:47 pm

April 7

SACRIFICE OF PRAISE

Hebrews 13:15 Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name.

One of the hardest things to do when you’re having trouble, is to spend time praising the Lord. Frequently you will spend a lot of time talking about the problems to others, or complaining, but God wants you to use the problems as stepping stones, instead of stumbling blocks. When you spend time praising Him for the answers that are on the way, He will cause them to arrive sooner.

“Try Thanksgiving,” must be your motto. When you first praise the Lord, you will find that your spirit will be more knit with His. You will then be in a greater position to be praying in the Father’s will. If you truly trust Him, you will always praise Him. Do I praise him enough to have my prayers answered?

Prayer Thought

No matter how difficult life is, joy comes not from outward problems, but from inward possessions.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:02 pm

April 8

HE IS RISEN

Luke 24:6 He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee.

Things looked very gloomy for the followers of Jesus the day of His death, but Sunday was around the corner. We rejoice in the resurrection of Jesus, realizing how necessary it is to our salvation. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is vain and your faith is also vain. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! (1 Corinthians 15:14) Every Christian hope and joy flows through us because Jesus has risen. Other religions can point to where their prophet is buried, but we point to a Risen Savior! He is now seated at the right hand of God the Father, praying for us, which is not possible for other religious leaders. Things might be looking gloomy for you today, but rejoice because Jesus is praying in the will of the Father for you. He is expecting you to come out victoriously!

Prayer Thought

He’s seated at the right hand of the Father cheering you on, praying for you when you’re in trouble, encouraging you when you fall. With Him on your side, you can’t fail!

April 9

PRAYERS OF WORSHIP

Psalm 150:1 Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty firmament! 2. Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

Do you spend the majority of your prayer time bringing your own needs to the Lord? Your focus should not be directed towards yourself, but rather on the Lord. The more you focus your attention on the Lord, the more you will realize that He is more than able to meet your needs. Praise and adoration remove the focus from yourself and onto the Lord Who rightly deserves it.

Faith is not received by praising the Lord. Divine faith is released by praising the Lord. Faith is received by studying your Bible, believing what you read, under-standing what the Word says, and then acting on what you believe. This is seen in Romans 10:17.

Prayer Thought

The eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry itself as to how it is to cross rivers.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:11 pm

April 11

INTERCESSORY
PRAYER

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

People who are involved with intercessory prayer are normally led by the Holy Spirit to pray for a given situation. On one occasion in South Africa, my mother was peeling carrots in the kitchen. The Lord showed her that she was to pray for my father. She started to peel the carrots faster as she began to pray. The Lord then showed her that my father would be killed if she did not stop what she was doing. She then started in earnest intercession, and a short time later she heard a loud blast from the dynamite that was being used to get rocks for the Church foundation. When my father went forward to see how much rock had been moved, he became unable to move his foot. A second later, a rock that had been blown much higher than the rest of the others, fell at his feet. He would have been killed if he had made that next step. His life was spared because of my mother’s prayer. Are you listening for His voice?

Prayer Thought

Ask the Lord what part He wants you to play in the realm of intercessory prayer. What if - God met our needs, the way we give Him our lives and our time? Be available.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 pm

April 10

ASKING
THE FATHER

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Jesus is laying down some instructions for petitions here. You are not to pray to Jesus, but to the Father in the name of Jesus, however, praise and worship can be given to Jesus. Answers to your needs will be met on the basis of divine faith and as you are a fruit producing believer. Many may be operating in divine faith, but lack any fruit. The four types of fruit are:

1. Righteousness: Philippians 1:11

2. Spirit: Galatians 5:22-23

3. Salvation: Romans 1:13

4. Your lips - praise: Hebrews 13:15.

Become a fruit inspector yourself. What is the quality of the fruit you are producing? Possibly some changes need to be made to improve the quality, so that your prayers can be answered.

Prayer Thought

Joy is some of the fruit you can expect. Joy is the echo of God’s life within you. This joy that you bring to others, is also the joy that comes back to you.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 pm

April 12

UNITED PRAYER

Matthew 18:19 Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. 20. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.

There is no limit on how many can be in a group involved in united prayer. The group may be small, just the husband and wife, but if they agree as touching anything that they pray about, it will be done. The requirement is that you are to pray in the will of God. Every believer should find someone to agree with in prayer. You should have a plan of prayer, making a list of the subjects to bring before God. You need to ask God to remove the hindrances, or show you what you need to do so that the prayer can be answered. Sometimes it will be necessary to raise your level of faith to see the answers. You are to expect that God will honor the promises in His Word.

Prayer Thought

You may never know of the prayers that might have been answered had you not given up too soon!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 pm

April 13

PRIVATE PRAYER

Luke 5:16 So He Himself often withdrew into the wilderness and prayed.

Prayer is a sign of spiritual life. Expect to see just as much life in a dead person, as you can see spiritual life in a prayerless person. Your spirituality and your fruit-fulness are always in direct proportion to the reality of your prayers. One reason for failure is that sometimes some people pray to be seen of men, instead of talking with God. Jesus’ preaching was always preceded with a time of prayer. He was constantly surrounded by His disciples or large crowds, with very little time for Himself. It became necessary for Jesus to find time to pray. Prayer played a very important part in His life, as well as taking a lot of time and strength out of Him. You must have a daily time for prayer if you are using Jesus as the example for your life. Ask the Lord to help you have quality time to devote to prayer each day.

Prayer Thought

Do you know what’s wrong with our world today? There is too much “theology” and not enough “knee-ology.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:55 am

April 14

PRAYING IN
GOD’S WILL

James 4:3 And even when you do ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong - you want only what will give you pleasure. - N.L.T.

It is imperative that you pray in the will of God, otherwise you could be asking for things that could be harmful. You may also be coveting something that is not His will. Picture in your mind that a ship is entering a harbor late at night. On the shore are four green lights that the ship must line up with. If the pilot steers his ship in a straight line toward the four lights he will not hit the rocks. You have four things that you can look at to determine the will of God which are:

1. The Word of God. 2. The guidance of the Holy Spirit.

3. Circumstances. 4. Timing.

Before you pray for something, it is better to ask the Lord what His will is for that item. Sometimes He doesn’t want your plan, because He has a far better one for you.

Prayer Thought

What if - God decides to stop leading us tomorrow, because we didn’t follow Him today? What if - God needed your trust, and you already had your own agenda?
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:40 pm

April 15

CONSISTENT
PRAYER

Psalm 119:164 Seven times a day I praise You, because of Your righteous judgments.

You need to understand that God does not answer prayers that you don’t pray. When you don’t ask God for help, you are putting a limit on the help you receive from Him. He is interested in every part of your life, as well as the things around you, and nothing is too small or big to bring to Him in prayer. Remember - you place the limit. Get into the habit of asking God for guidance, direction and help to have your needs met. As you receive the answers, your faith will be strengthened, and you in turn will be able to help others, because of your testimony. Some people pray very consistently - they only pray every time they have an emergency. A daily habit of prayer will take perseverance. You must determine in your heart that your prayer life will count. Ask God to give you the desire to pray until the victory is won.

Prayer Thought

Prayers never prayed - will never be answered. Prayer isn’t easy. Determine a time, a plan, and a place. Don’t give up short of the answer.

April 16

INDEFINITE
PRAYERS

1 Timothy 2:1 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2. for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

Some of our prayers are vague and indefinite, and will accomplish nothing. “Lord, bless the missionaries” is an example of this. What missionaries are you praying for? What do you want God to do for them? Another example is the prayers many have for government officials. Most of the time they are mentioned in a general way. Make your requests with definite earnestness if you would have definite answers. When going on a trip you know where you are going, you don’t just have a vague idea of your destination. Aimless prayer accounts for many seemingly unanswered prayers. Dare to be definite with your petition to God, and expect Him to answer prayers in His will.

Prayer Thought

When you go to God’s storehouse, take your list and leave it with Him. “He who aims at nothing always hits his target.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:20 pm

April 17

PRAYING TO
IMPRESS OTHERS

Luke 18:11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, “God, I thank You that I am not like other men; extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.”

Praying with wrong motives will not allow your prayers to be answered. Many prayers have been “said”, but accomplished nothing because God was not listening to them. God is not impressed with your fancy words, which may impress others. The Lord wants sincerity, and expects you to be honest and truthful with what you say to Him. This kind of praying only comes when the carnal nature is not in control. Remember, God not only hears your words, but looks at the motive behind the words. The Pharisee was trying to impress the Tax Collector, who only prayed, “God be merciful to me a sinner.” God listened to the Tax Collector, but refused to honor the prayer of the Pharisee.

Prayer Thought

The health of anything, whether a garden plant, or a heart devoted to God - reflects on what is, or is not going on - underground.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 5:53 pm

April 18

JESUS PATTERN
FOR PRAYER

Matthew 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.”

How does Jesus’ pattern for prayer begin? The first part is focusing on God. Many people start focusing on their own needs, and after they have brought their requests to the Lord they feel they are through praying. You are to think of God when you pray, recognizing who He is, and asking Him to have His will done in your life. He tells you to ask God to make His name holy or sacred. In this part of the prayer you see no mention of personal needs. The Lord is showing you that you are to place your focus on God, the Father. The more time you spend in His presence, the sooner you get to the place where you will come in contact with the glory of the Lord. God wants to change your idea of Him, from a stern Judge, to a loving Heavenly Father who wants to talk to you, and meet your needs.

Prayer Thought

Just gather up all your problems and simply, slowly and reverently repeat this prayer. Let it be a daily part of you. Go to God in the words and name of His Son. You are bound to get results.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:17 pm

April 19

GOD’S WILL
ACCOMPLISHED

Matthew 6:10 Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Your kingdom come, is referring to working toward establishing a kingdom of righteousness here on the earth. When you mention this part of the Lord’s prayer you may want to start praying for various missionaries and ministries. Pray for their needs, as well as for guidance in dealing with the people they have been sent to. You could also ask the Lord what part He wants you to play in their ministry. You are then told to ask that God’s will accomplished in your life, as His will is accomplished in Heaven. Do you really want to have God’s will accomplished in your life? Most people who pray are more interested in having the Lord answer their request, than having His will in their lives. If Jesus is to be the Lord of your life, then You must always want His way in your life, because He always wants what is best for you.

Prayer Thought

If God permits in His wisdom what He could have prevented with His power, it’s so that you would bow your knees and say, “Yes Lord, Your will be done.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:38 pm

April 20

YOUR DAILY BREAD

Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

Sometime ago an archaeologist discovered a broken piece of pottery in Israel, and a woman’s shopping list was on it. She had called the list her “daily perishables.” This was a normal habit that people had in those days, because there was no refrigeration in the home, and people had to go to the market on a daily basis. Most Christians have thought that this verse refers to God supplying their sustenance. The Lord is talking about daily perishables, because He is expecting you to use other promises in the Bible to fill your pantry, or storehouse, so that you would be able to help others in their time of need.

Deuteronomy 28:8 The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

Prayer Thought

Here is a question that can only be answered by action. Today God will use you to help someone in need. See to it that you obey His voice. “In as much as you have done it unto one of the least of these – you’ve done it to Me.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:46 pm

April 21

WHERE IS YOUR STRENGTH

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait (praise, trust, serve, minister) on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Where is your strength? Is it in people, your job or your family? Where would you go if any of these fell apart or failed?

God must be your source, the strength of your life. He’s the ONLY One who will never fail, never disappoint you, never let you down. But there are some conditions. In Deuteronomy 28:1-8 - Amplified - God tells us that “if you follow His commands, obey His way of doing and being, He will bless you and guide you and be ALL that you could ever need. He is trust worthy and He must be your strength.

Prayer Thought:

“Lord, I purpose to trust you with all my heart. I’ll try to not figure things out on my own - but in all that I do I will acknowledge You, and You will fill every need, that’s your promise. Thank You, Lord.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 pm

April 22

FORGIVENESS

Matthew 6:12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Bitterness and unforgiveness frequently go together. There will be times when you think you can’t forgive someone who has wronged you. Regardless of what you think, God will not forgive you of the things that you have done, until you are willing to forgive. No one with unforgiven sin can enter Heaven. Even if you were able to claim that you have no sin, if you have not forgiven someone who has wronged you, God will not cleanse your past, as seen in Matthew 6:14, 15, and Mark 11:25, 26. The word forgive means to cease to feel angry or resentful, and no longer hold it against the person. The question should not be: “Can I forgive the person, but am I willing to forgive?” When you are willing to forgive the person who has wronged you, then the Lord will give you the ability to forgive.

Prayer Thought

If you’ll forgive those who have wronged you, God will forgive you when you need it. Because you can choose, you can change! Nothing happens in your life until you make a decision, see James 1:6-8.

April 23

DELIVER US FROM EVIL

Matthew 6:13 And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.....

Many Christians, in a time of need or crisis, tend to become afraid, or panic. Remember: perfect love casts out all fear, where there is love, fear cannot stay. God expects you to depend upon the promises He has given you in the Bible. Start quoting them, and the spirit of fear will be driven out by God’s power. Remember He expects you to use the tools He has given you in His Word. Psalm 11:1 puts it this way:

“In the Lord I put my trust; how can you (dare) say to my soul, “Flee as a bird to your mountain?”

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3. though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.

Prayer Thought

When everything around you collapses, a life built on Christ stands! Do you think God has any problems taking care of your needs?
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 pm

April 24

CONDITIONS TO
ANSWERED PRAYER

John 15:7 If you abide in Me, (make it your life-style) and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Living the teachings of the Bible must become your life style, or second nature and not just when certain people are watching. The cleansing by the Holy Spirit must take place on a daily basis. Take time to read the Bible every day, and the evidence will be visible when an emergency arises. If you have filled your spirit with the promises of God, they will allow the Holy Spirit to operate through you to overcome the problems. If you have only filled your mind with casual reading of the Scripture, or a surface life-style, you will be definitely affected by problems. Living the teachings of the Bible has great rewards. You can bring your needs to God, and expect Him to meet them, because you are depending upon God’s promises, and expecting Him to honor His Word.

Prayer Thought

He is both a place to hide and abide. Come in out of the storm and strife of life, regularly meet with your Maker. You will be better equipped to face the world and do His work, my Friend!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 pm

April 25

LIFE OF JOY

Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Joy is one of the attributes of God, and is able to flow from Him to you, when you spend time in prayer. God wants to overflow you with His joy, and cause it to spill out like an artesian well, which keeps on bubbling over. David shows you that you are filled with joy when you spend time in the presence of the Lord, and the secret of this is found in a life of prayer.

Prayer should be viewed as having a conversation with the Lord. When people talk with a good friend, they think of a time of enjoyment. The Lord wants you to think of prayer in the same way, and wants to have fellowship with you on a daily basis. God takes pleasure in talking with you, and feels cheated or left out when you don’t take time to be with Him.

Prayer Thought

Joy is the fruit of God’s life within you. If it’s missing - where is the leak? You are only one decision away from joy.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:51 pm

April 26

INDIVIDUAL PRAYER

Psalm 37:3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. 4. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. 5. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

Private devotions must always start with rejoicing and giving thanks to God. He has done many wonderful things for you, but this is very small when compared to what He still wants to do for you. God gave you the order for prayer, but many times it is reversed. He wants you to first spend time in praise and thanksgiving, and then bring your requests to Him. This is seen in the Lord’s prayer. Jesus starts with praise and worship to the Father. Many only want to bring their needs to Him, because they want to go on to something else. He wants you to delight yourself in Him, then He will give the desires of your heart.

Prayer Thought

Cultivate Thanksgiving! Let every detail in your life - words, actions, whatever - be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way. Colossians 3:16 - The Message.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:09 pm

April 27

PROTECTION FOR OTHERS

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

On one of my trips to Africa, I changed planes in England, and I found a quiet place to rest during the lay-over. Suddenly seven heavily armed guards came and stood next to me. I could see two more on the other side of the partition. They told me that they had been notified that some terrorists were planning an attack on the plane in the next area. During this time it was early in the morning in Portland Oregon, and the Lord told my sister to pray for me. She was told that if she did not pray, I would be killed that day. Her prayer not only protected me, but the people in the next area as well. Be obedient to the guidance of the Lord to pray, it might be a life or death situation.

Prayer Thought

Those led by the power of God -
cannot be stopped by the power of man.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 am

April 28

HEAR MY
CRY O LORD

Psalm 61:1 Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. 2. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

You can come to the Lord anytime, from any location. Some think God will only listen to their prayer when they are in some religious meeting, in a certain position or facing some direction. God is willing to listen to your prayer, regardless of time, place or position. He is looking for people who want to have fellowship with Him. See a picture in your mind that He is waiting for you to call to Him through prayer. Some have disappointed Him because they were too busy, or did not take the time He wanted with them. You lose out when you don’t pray, because He wants to share His wisdom with you. Cultivate a habit of coming to Him many times a day, with the idea that He is waiting for your conversation with Him. Stay in an attitude of prayer all day.

Prayer Thought

Prayer changes things! No! Prayer changes people, and people change things!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 am

April 29

YOUR CHIEF AIM

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Your chief aim is not to win the lost, nor is it for you to have a successful life, but in the eyes of God, your chief aim must be to have fellowship with Him. Although you are to have a servant’s heart, God does not call you a servant. He wants to elevate you, and has called you His friend. He yearns to have daily fellowship with you, but how much fellowship have you had with Him during this past week? Although our son and his wife were about 12,000 miles away from us at one time, we had fellowship with them frequently by e-mails, mail, and telephone calls. You can come to God anytime, without special equipment, because He longs for you to have an intimate relationship with Him on a continual basis.

Prayer Thought

If you spend time in the company of Jesus, nothing can hide the evidence. People can see what’s in you when the squeeze is applied.

April 30

LORDSHIP OF JESUS

Matthew 14:33 Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”

Jesus is not Lord in the lives of some believers, because they have not made a total surrender to Him. They are “hearers” and not “doers of the Word”. When you have completely made Him Lord of your life, it will be seen through your prayer life as well as the quality time you spend studying His Word. Many seem to be waiting to hear a strong voice saying, “I am God, now hear this.” This attitude comes from the casual believer. God speaks to you through His Word, as well as the Holy Spirit, and most of the time will not speak to you in an audible voice. True worship, not only is putting Him in first place, but obedience to His will and commandments as well. God is longing for you to have quality fellowship with Him, which allows Him to impart divine wisdom to you.

Prayer Thought

Jesus be the Lord of all the kingdoms of my heart; every nook and cranny, every corner of my closet, - be the Lord of all.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:47 am

May 1

DON’T BE ANXIOUS

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

Anxiety is uneasy thoughts or fears concerning what may happen. Anxiety or worry will come to you when you feel you can’t control the situation you are facing. When it continues, it will cause you to panic and if not taken care of, could eventually lead to depression

Anxiety will stop God’s joy from coming through to you. Paul tells you not to be anxious, but some will say, “That’s easier said than done.” With the help of the Lord, it becomes “easier done than said.” He tells you to bring everything to Him by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving. The more you spend quality time in prayer, the sooner you will see thoughts of anxiety leave you.

Prayer Thought

The devil would have you continually crossing streams that do not exist. The Lord is the source of all your increase.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:52 pm

May 2

GETTING
SIDETRACKED

2 Corinthians 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 2. casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

Many times when you start to pray you will think of something that should have been done, or someone you should see at once. Frequently you can have aimless thoughts that have nothing to do with your prayer. These thoughts come from without and are due to the promptings of evil spirits, and must be bound in the name of Jesus. Some people pray like a boy who was pulling weeds. He had done such a bad job that he had to put a stick in the ground to mark the spot where he stopped. Remember, Satan does not want you to pray, and will distract you. Resist Him in Jesus name!

Prayer Thought

When you go to have tea and fellowship with your dearest friend, you set aside all else and focus. Focus on your Friend, Jesus!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm

May 3

SIN WILL
HINDER PRAYER

Psalm 66:18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened. (New Living Translation)

When the Children of Israel first arrived at the promised land, they were not allowed to enter because of five predominant sins. These were:

1. Lust or covetousness.

2. Idolatry, which is not putting God in first place.

3. Sexual immorality.

4. Tempting God.

5. Complaining.

Their complaining had destroyed their faith. In many of the churches we find exactly the same list of sins today. If this list stopped the Hebrews from having their desires met, it will stop your prayers from being answered today. God deals with your prayer, not according to the spirit and tone which you exhibit when you pray in public or private, but according to the spirit you show daily. Ask the Lord to show you if there is anything that will stop your prayers from being answered.

Prayer Thought

If Christians spent as much time praying as they do grumbling, they’d soon have nothing to grumble about.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm

May 4

FORGIVING OUR SIN

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Bitterness and an unforgiving spirit usually go together. There will be times when you think you can’t forgive someone who wronged you. Regardless of what you think, God will not forgive you of the things you have done, until you are willing to forgive others. No one with unforgiven sins can enter Heaven. Even if you were to be able to claim that you have no sin, if you have not forgiven someone who has wronged you, God will not cleanse your past, as seen in Matthew 6: 14, 15, and Mark 11:25, 26. When you are willing to forgive the person who has wronged you, then the Lord will give you the ability to forgive that person. This is not talking about forgetting, but not holding the situation against the person any more.

Prayer Thought

True forgiveness is giving up my right to hurt you for hurting me. When you feel unforgiven, you tend to feel unforgiving! Don’t let unforgiveness keep you from the future God has planned for you.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySat May 05, 2012 12:10 pm

May 5

DOUBT
HINDERS PRAYER
Romans 4:20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God.

Some people don’t receive because they don’t pray. Others don’t receive because they are doubting, or not really expecting an answer. James 1:6-8 tells you to pray in faith and get rid of any doubt. Doubt will always stop your faith from working. The above verse shows that Abraham was fully convinced that God was able and would perform what He had promised. To become fully convinced, you must completely depend on God’s promises in His Word. God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34), because He honors divine faith. This means that if He met someone else’s need, He will meet yours as well, when the conditions are met. Get rid of any doubt or unbelief, or any other hindrance to the faith of God in your life. Study your Bible, marking the promises in it He wants you to claim, because He has great things for you.

Prayer Thought

When you trust and never doubt - then He’ll surely bring you out. Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:23 am

May 6

MEETING YOUR NEEDS
Acts 3:4 And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.” 5. So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6. Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”

Charitable programs are very common in the church world today, many Churches have feeding programs and other outreaches, but the Lord wants you to do more than this. He wants to demonstrate His power through you to meet people’s needs that are beyond your capability. Peter and John had been with Jesus, and saw how He met the needs of the people. The Lord expects you to accomplish the same things in your generation, so that you can glorify your Heavenly Father through your actions. Many Christians rob God of glory because they are not allowing the power of God to flow through their words, see John 14:12-14.

Prayer Thought

Your words are seed. If you don’t like your harvest, plant different seed.

May 7

DIVINE HEALING
FOR TODAY

1 Peter 2:24 Who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness; by whose stripes you were healed.

Every form of sickness or disease known to man was included in the curse of the law. Christ came and redeemed you from this curse which included every disease of the past or future, as seen in Galatians 3:13, 14, 29. Jesus paid for your atonement, which includes much more than salvation. Six of the things that are available, are seen in Isaiah 53. Remember no blessing of the atonement will fail until salvation fails.

1. The Messiah paid for your Salvation through His death on the cross, Isaiah 53:5,6.

2. You are given a new nature, verses 5, 6.

3. Your healing, verse 4.

4. Pain, verse 4.

5. Your Peace, verse 5.

6. You were redeemed from the curse of the law.

Start applying God’s provisions for healing today.

Prayer Thought

Remember, take advantage of everything God planned for you. No matter what the problem you face, - God holds the key!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

May 8

RECEIVING
YOUR HEALING

James 5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

The first requirement for divine healing is a right relationship with the Lord. Hindrances, such as sin, will always stop the power of God from working in your life, see Matthew 6:14,15. The next requirement is faith. Without divine faith you receive nothing from the Lord, see Hebrews 11:6. Why does James tell you to call for the elders of the Church? Having a spirit of unity with united prayer, will overcome any satanic opposition to your healing. Being anointed with oil, and expecting God to heal you are very important. Even in your everyday world, the Lord is expecting you to pray for a person with a need who comes to you.

Prayer Thought

Whether for healing of the body, the mind or the spirit, nothing is too difficult for the One who made you. Ask Him - He’ll listen.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 9:50 pm

May 9

QUOTING GOD’S
PROMISES

Psalm 119:89 Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.

Angels are protecting you, and the more promises of God you use, the more ammunition you give them to work with. Always use the promises of God with divine faith, because the angels are not permitted to help you when you speak with words of doubt, fear or unbelief. Whenever you quote Scripture, which is already established in Heaven, you inflict pain on the enemies forces. Be directed by the Holy Spirit, Who knows what the will of God is. Many times you may have quoted Scripture which started the angels to come to your rescue, but then you began planting seeds of doubt, fear and unbelief, which immediately stopped the angelic forces from completing their task. When your words are contrary to faith, they will always stop the angels from bringing the answers to you.

Prayer Thought

Remember, words are seeds; whatever you plant you will reap. What kind of a harvest do you want? We often get what we don’t want, - plant good seed.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:37 pm

May 10

ANGELS
PROTECTING YOU

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them.

On one occasion, while we were speaking in a conference in a violent place in Southern Africa, a man was killed in front of the house where my wife, Ethlyn, was visiting. A spirit of fear tried to grip her. She remembered Psalm 91, and bound the evil spirit in the name of Jesus. The spirit of fear immediately left and did not bother her anymore. Later in the week, nine people were shot to death in a tent in the neighborhood our tent was located, but nothing happened to us. The angels are sent to assist and protect those who have salvation. They come to enforce the covenant of God that includes protection, health and prosperity. God gets pleasure in the prosperity of His obedient children. When we depend on the promises of God, we allow the angels to cause us to prosper, see Psalm 35:27.

Prayer Thought

Here is the test to find out whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive - it isn’t. Never lose sight of your mission, share Christ!

May 11

DELIVERANCE

Hebrews 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34), and does not send His angels to help only a special few. They are available to help all of His beloved who are depending on God’s faith in them. God is expecting you to first use the tool you already have which is divine faith, to meet your needs as well as the needs of those around you. The second tool is quoting the promises in the Bible. When necessary, God will use angels to meet the needs of those you are believing for. There are Christians who have more faith in them-selves than they have in God. I’m sure the angels must be shocked at the spirit of unbelief that abounds in many Christians. Now is the time to raise your level of faith, and expect God to honor His Word and help those whom you are praying for. He is more willing to help you and your loved ones, than you have faith that He will.

Prayer Thought

Change what you hear, what you see and say - it will change the quality of your life.

May 12

WATCHING
YOUR WORDS

Psalm 103:20 Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His Word, heeding the voice of His Word. 21. Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, you ministers of His, who do His pleasure.

Angels bring to pass what you say, they are God’s messengers. It is very necessary for you to guard your words on a consistent basis. Speaking things that will work against you is like planting negative seed, - faith is a positive not negative confession. Say things you are expecting to receive from God, because you are trusting in His promises. Your life must be in line with the Word and will of God. Angels do not care if your country is in a depression or recession. They are ministering spirits who are sent to meet your needs on the basis of God’s resources and not the resources of things surrounding you. Problems are going to come, but God want’s to demonstrate His power through you to overcome any adverse situations.

Prayer Thought

What God gives to you, nobody can take away, what you withhold from God, none of you can keep.

May 13

GOD’S PEACE IN YOU

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

Peace does not come because of the absence of trouble. God’s peace is available to you regardless of the problems around you, because it has been placed in your spirit. This reservoir of peace is able to be released to help you in the midst of any trouble, even though the people around you are unable to cope. Many Christians never tap into this peace because they are placing their focus on things that are affecting the world, instead of the promises of God. Romans 12:1-2 tells you that you are to present your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. You are not to be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. The transformed mind enables you to overcome the problems.

Prayer Thought

Let His peace surround you, infuse you, strengthen you, envelope you so that nothing can shake you. Just as in the “eye” of the storm, you are kept in His Peace!

May 14

DON’T BE AFRAID

Philippians 1:28 And not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.

You can’t rely on past victories. You can use past victories to be encouraged that God does not fail, and will do many more new things for you, but you must get fresh instructions for each new situation. Stay in contact with the Holy Spirit on a continual basis, so He will be able to guide you for your current needs. Your past failures and successes do not count. Realize that God wants you to go on to something new for your life, and has not delivered you into the hands of the enemy. He has delivered the enemy into your hands. Quote the promises of God, and believe that God will honor His Word. The more you use the promises of God in every situation, the more you will see victory in your life. Each new victory will become a new testimony.

Prayer Thought

“Because You are fighting for me, Lord, I will hold my peace and remain at rest, knowing that the victory is mine, Exodus 14:14. “To avoid deception, seek God’s direction.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 6:53 pm

May 15

NO GRAVE TROUBLE

Proverbs 12:21 No grave trouble will overtake the righteous, but the wicked shall be filled with evil.

God is willing to entrust the power and the authority of the use of the name of Jesus into your hands. This gives you a lot to praise Him about. You need to spend more time praising Him and giving Him thanks for all He has done for you. You also need to praise Him for what He is going to do in your life. You may hear of many problems coming to others, but if your confidence is in the authority of the Name of Jesus, you can come against those situations through the authority of His name. Jesus wants to demonstrate His power to the world in a great way, because this brings great honor to God the Father. He wants to work through people who are willing to allow Him to use them, and are willing to allow the Father to receive all of the glory and credit. Expect the Lord to help you see the fulfilment of the above verse.

Prayer Thought

How can I do less than give Him my best, and live for Him completely, after all He’s done for me?
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 10:27 pm

May 16

STEPPING STONES

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you.

Stress is normal, and is needed in your life to motivate you toward further action in a given area. Problems develop when stress becomes excessive, or is allowed to become overwhelming, and out of control. Make your problems, stepping stones, instead of stumbling blocks. The Lord created you to have a relationship with other people, but stress increases when there is conflict at the same time. Many Christians don’t realize that the name of Jesus will release bondages, if they will only depend upon His Word. There will be times when problems come because you are doing what’s right. It will seem that Satan is launching an all out attack against you, even though you are in the center of the will of the Lord. Go to Him in prayer and thanksgiving, and He will direct you.

Prayer Thought

Whenever you’re troubled and lost in despair - bundle up your troubles and go to God in prayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Devotional
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION :: CHRISTIAN CORNER-
Jump to: