TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

Home13 Inch Rule I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

13 Inch Rule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:48 am

Does your county fall under the 13 inch rule and if so - whats your opinion on it ??

Back to top Go down
redog
redog

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:59 am

My Co. does not but to me for the most part it sucks when you trying to manage the cull....
Back to top Go down

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:58 am

Redog :I agree with that statement.

I see it as two fold, 1 - we need it becuz there are so many people with the "brown -its down " syndrome.
2.I hate it - becuz if your hunting somewhere say like - East Tex or West Tex your more than likely gonna see basket buckets on average- lets say its the last two weeks of the season and your limited on time,no tag used yet and a 8pt high rack walks out,there is your meat - but he does not meet the TPWD requirements.Then again- we need a 13 inch rule so we can control the "its brown -its down " crowd.I'm really on the fence on this one.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:43 pm

Thing is, from what i have heard.... is that some shoot just to find out he`s under size and walk away leaving it to the yotes......there`s got to be a better way!....
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:58 pm

Antler restrictions pros and cons?

Well, here is a topic hunters feel strongly about on both sides of the issue.

Antler restrictions or the thirteen inch rule can be looked at two ways either as a state enforced county specific hunting restriction, or an intelligent attempt by the state to improve the trophy quality of white tail deer in areas that for the most part did not compete against other parts of the state.

In talking with hunters on this subject I have found that they seem to be evenly divided on their opinions. Witch to be honest with you does not surprise me at all.

We are Americans and growing up in a free society makes us inherently allergic to governmental restrictions. At the same time we are hunters and understand the importance of wild life management.
As far as I can tell from the hunters I’ve talked to in the “restricted” areas is that the antler quality and the age group ratio have improved quite well in many of the areas under the thirteen inch rule.

In the long term I believe that this could potentially improve the overall quality of not only trophy animals but entire herds.

Taken further it is possible to project that an overall improvement of a certain areas trophy potential could easily translate into an upswing of revenue for that area drawing trophy hunters from other areas of the state.

The other side of that I think will be that local hunters of an “improved area” would surely have to pay higher prices to hunt their local leases once popularity and demand sets in.

If the state of Texas grand design is to increase the trophy quality and balance Age Ratios on a state wide basis then surely they know this will make Texas a more sought after hunting destination ( than it already is)in turn bringing a lot more out of state money into our economy.
This would be good for the state of Texas. Although I am afraid it might not be good for the Texans living and hunting in the state.
Honestly gentleman after all the talking and writing about this situation I am still on the fence. After weighing the pros and cons my scale seems to still be balanced. What do y’all think???

Jeff Jeter
President Texas Cull Hunters Association
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Sponsored content

13 Inch Rule Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13 Inch Rule   13 Inch Rule Empty

Back to top Go down

13 Inch Rule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION :: TEXAS HUNTING :: Deer Hunting-