TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeICE CHEST....COOLER ? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

ICE CHEST....COOLER ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
redog
redog

ICE CHEST....COOLER ? Empty
PostSubject: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:37 pm

What is the best ice chest or cooler for keeping a deer,hog ect

What size and for how many days can i get the best one for.

Do u guys use bags of ice or block ice ?
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:14 am

As far as Ice chests go Igloo or Coleman 120 quarts are my favorites you can get 2 or 3 deer depending on size
in one of those. as far as ice to age the meat I like bag ice it surrounds the meat better and I think keeps it better.
for going to and from the hunt I like to use plastic milk jugs filled 3/4 with water and kept in game freezer till
its time to go they will usually last the weekend and keep your kill cool till you get home. So jugs for trastport
and bags for ageing. You know me I got to make it complicated..............................................Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:01 am

Ya that`s what i use the soda water bottles and milk jugs ...my problem is when the deer meat starts filling up the game freezer the ice bottles loose there place........
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:07 am

I know what you are saying Reddog , The way I got it figured ........If the freezer is full of meat, thats a good thing
were eating good. If the freezer is full of milk jugs and soda bottles, Thats a good thing also...........
ITS HUNTIN TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................................................Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 3:28 pm

I use them ice bottles year round if i have room cause if im not deer huntin im hog huntin.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICE CHEST....COOLER ?   ICE CHEST....COOLER ? Empty

Back to top Go down

ICE CHEST....COOLER ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION :: TEXAS HUNTING :: Deer Hunting-
Jump to: