TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeLucky Duck I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Lucky Duck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Lucky Duck Empty
PostSubject: Lucky Duck   Lucky Duck EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Talk About Getting Lucky!!!

Last Thursday a friend of mine called and said that a guy at his duck lease was not going to make the hunt on the coming weekend and wanted to know if I would like to go?
Well I never been duck hunting before and kind of wanted to try, but at the same time
I am really scared of picking up a new “”Outdoor Addiction””
You see I have a problem with all outdoor activities.” I just can’t get enough”

I thanked him for the invite and said that I would have to check with “The Entertainment Committee” meaning my wife and would get right back to him. Hanging up the phone and speed dialing my wife’s office happened so fast its kind of a blur.
I said to her Hey baby guess what? Mark called and invited me to go duck hunting tomorrow he’s going to pick me up the house and drop me back off on Sunday before
The game starts. What do you think? In a sweet voice she said “That’s fine honey we
will celebrate our Anniversary next weekend” After a second of silence witch felt like an hour I tried to stammer out “ UUUUUHHHHHH I was just testing your memory sweetie I knew all along it was our anniversary this weekend !?!?!?” I mean to tell you that one didn’t sell at all.
She said (again in a soft even tone) “Really honey you said in the past you’d like to try
Duck hunting and I don’t feel like going out this weekend so you go hunting and we
Will celebrate next weekend”

Fully realizing the (come back to bite you in the butt) potential of this affair.
I went hunting any way! I just can’t help myself!

Mark picked me up at the house on time and we headed for the lease.
I brought all my dove gear because he had mentioned that they were flying pretty
Good the week before. We talked about Teal and hunting them and I came to the conclusion it would be best that I hunt dove and watch duck hunters hunt duck.
I believe out of respect for the game and the other hunters you should take some time
Afield to learn about it before you try to do it.

Well there was a sprinkling of dove and less duck so there is not anything to report
On the hunting side. As far as the getting some chores done, eating like kings, and having
A great time side goes, It was stellar!!! A really great group of guys at that place!

I was so Inspired by my wife’s extreme coolness about this whole deal I wrote her a
Anniversary Poem and thought I would share it because it really catches my feelings
About her.

Anniversary Poem

Happy anniversary to my sweet love!
You never complain when I go hunt Dove!

I remember when we first did it, was in my Truck!
Thanks for letting me go hunt Duck!

Love Jeff!

The lucky part in the title refers to the wonderful woman I married and not the hunting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Jim
Admin
Admin

Lucky Duck Empty
PostSubject: Funny   Lucky Duck EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Jim asked me to go with him, but couldn't get anyone to watch the dogs.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Lucky Duck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky Duck   Lucky Duck EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 pm

You should have went, A big time was had by all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Sponsored content

Lucky Duck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky Duck   Lucky Duck Empty

Back to top Go down

Lucky Duck
Page 1 of 1