TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeTurkey Regulations Question I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Turkey Regulations Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Turkey Regulations Question Empty
PostSubject: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I noticed in regulations that Shotgun only for EASTERN turkey. Can I use my .17 HMR on Rio Grande turkey in the Texas Hill Country? I'm planning to bow hunt, but if a gobbler just won't cooperate, I'll resort to the rifle if it is legal.

Appreciate any help you can give.
Back to top Go down
BMarshall

BMarshall

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Good question.. someone is bound to be able to answer that one. I'm not a turkey hunter.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 am

According to the TPWD website you can, since the only
restriction would be on the taking of white tail, mule deer, bighorn
sheep, and antelope would be illegal to take with a rimfire.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/annual/hunt/means/

Head shots works good as well as base of the neck.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks! I've found that a "Butt Shot" works well also. it saves the entire breast and it's a bigger target. Smile
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Good ? JR68.......Did not know rimfire was legal for rios!!!
Did yall notice that if there is a ? ole Reddogs got a awnser???

Bravo!! Senor Red Dog!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Can't wait to get off work tomorrow. Will be in the ol' pop up blind at daybreak!
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:41 pm

Not me just going by what the law reads there cull man.....JR cant wait to hear the outcome of your hunt and keep your eyes peeled for them piggies too!! ...That .17 will put the pork in the pot!!!...

Me man i been working on my Antiques and collectibles this week, getting ready for a show this weekend up in Wimberley Tx. ...Can`t wait to get back on the pig hunt next week!!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 pm

RD - Unfortunately, no piggies on our place (or FORTUNATELY) depending if your the hunter or the landowner. Laughing I didn't know you were in to antiques! My parents owned an antique store for a while. My uncle in Kerrville still does antique stuff and estate sales.I have a 1930's (I think) Philco Radio Bar. It needs some work, but if you're interested, I'll make you a good price on it. (Or maybe a swap for a pig hunt with you) ?? We need to sit down and have some coffee sometime soon. JR
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Yesser!!!...I sure do like coffee!!.......And yes 1930`s!!.....Me and my family been in the Antique biz all most all my life We had the Family Tree Antique store down on S. Hackberry in S.A for years Then we move on to doing Antique shows in Austin and other city's......The 911 has kick it in the butt hard, ppl aint buying like they use to ...Cant blame them the way things going to h*** in a hand basket these days....."Pigs are us"!!!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:18 pm

You have me there. Every day the news points to what we Christians KNOW and ANTICIPATE with NO FEAR!
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:28 pm

NO FEAR! is right!!! .....Gods train is free ...no ticket necessary!!!....Get us a big ol` Turkey this weekend JR show us some pics. bro!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Well, the turkey hunt was a bust. Didn't see a thing and wind was blowing dust in my face all weekend. We need some rain BAD! Too PO'd to hunt before church this morning.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 pm

hey its all good bro aint nuttin like hangin in the woods!! even if you dont pull the trigger......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turkey Regulations Question   Turkey Regulations Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Turkey Regulations Question
Page 1 of 1