TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeNew to forum from the S. Texas Coast I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

New to forum from the S. Texas Coast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trailblazer

Trailblazer

New to forum from the S. Texas Coast Empty
PostSubject: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Born on a farm in Kansas, been shootin' guns and huntin' and fishin' for 60 years. Since I retired here in Texas, I've been huntin' doves on State leased land on the Guadalupe Delta and deer on the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, got a small doe last weekend with my old Winchester '94 .30-30. looking forward to a work-to-hunt situation.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 am

Trailblazer! Welcome To the TCHA where glad to have you here...That`s some tough huntin on the Aransas there cause everything bites ya down there!! and the brush is sOOOO Thick!!...seen some  good buck there though and some hogs fishin in the saltwater along with the gators!!.....
Back to top Go down
Trailblazer

Trailblazer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 am

Yup, lots of bitin' critters for sure! During archery season this year I found 8 ticks on me in just one day and I was drenched in Cutters........but there was 9 ticks. The one I didn't find got infected and took a round of antibiotics to clear up. My huntin' buddy (who will be joining here soon) almost walked into a water moccasin that was sunning itself about waist high on a clump of bent-over coastal grass. We're looking for snake-proof bib overalls to compliment our snake-proof knee high boots.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 8:21 am

One time was enough for me there but i was amaze at how many deer where in the area...I still like to make the tour area there, that way i can stay in the  truck and avoid the one million skeeters....Got a good friend that`s a fishin guide there in Rockport if ya ever need one.
Back to top Go down
Trailblazer

Trailblazer

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 am

Thanks for the guide ref., but I've got an old, beat-up 14' aluminum "V" bottom that gets me and Mrs. Trailblazer to our favorite fishin' hole........haven't been "skunked" there yet. Mostly Reds, Trout and Black Drum and a good percentage in the slot length.

Back to the Aransas NWR, I've hunted there three times in the last 2 years and there's a lot of game there, but seeing a deer or hog in that dense cover is tough. The first day of the first gun weekend, someone got a REALLY NICE buck. 5X5 with a wide and tall rack....looked like he was carrying a bushel basket on his head. Bucks are easier to see, cuz' their racks are visible above the cover.

I'm looking forward to shooting a deer from a stand I can EASILY walk to.
Before I retired here in Texas, I lived in Colorado and participated in a work to hunt program on a local ranch.  Great way to avoid the crowds.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:08 am

Yes, just beware there is alot of leases that are shot out and many crooked money hungry people leasing for big bucks they don`t have... This is the reason i move my hunting form south Tx to  north/ central...there some of them up there as well but the deer populations are much larger and still some nice Horns...
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:44 am

Sorry to butt in, Welcome to TCHA!! 
Mr. Trailblazer! we got your info on record and will holler at ya when a project comes up , that could use your help
At the moment we are project poor, but things change fast around here so you never know.
in the mean time please enjoy the forum and post as much as you want, Welcome aboard!!
Cull....
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum from the S. Texas Coast   New to forum from the S. Texas Coast Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum from the S. Texas Coast
Page 1 of 1