TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeDos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation Empty
PostSubject: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

In Texas deer hunting is a little bit different than most of this great country of ours. With something along the lines of over 90% of hunt able land being privately owned, its pretty much (Pay for Play). Now don’t get me wrong I love this state and the state of deer hunting in it. Although it does make it hard for those on a budget to afford to play. So if you are one of those lucky few that gets an invite to go deer hunting than congratulations. Now I know its hard not to but don’t worry about getting that deer in your sights.
I don’t care if its been years since you’ve had your” Knees In The Trees “ your most coveted trophy should be ……….. The next invitation! Elusive creature that it is if you keep a few things in mind you can (Tag it and Bag it).
Firstly, Shoot your gun or bow!!!!!!! I don’t care if it was (on) when you put it away. Take it to the range and make sure. I made that mistake a few years back, and Ill never forget it. The old timers at that ranch made sure of that. Later when you’re on the hunt and a shot presents itself
You will not second guess accuracy and surely hunt more effectively.
Also if your host does not provide the information you need than ask them for it.
General questions can provide a wealth of information. Such as Do I need a bed roll or cot or both? As a starter question, will get the ball rolling And they will probably supply
You with a lot more info than you asked for so listen well. Showing up prepared will go a long way towards getting asked to show up again. Ask about meals? If you can cook offer to cook supper a night or two. I can tell you from first hand experience if you bring and prepare a decent meal you will definitely be a candidate for a return invite. This is a quote I heard a guy say that sums it up “Well the dude can cook and he aint done nothing stupid all weekend so, you can bring him again.” Another thing I do and recommend is to ask if they throw corn or protein? Then on way to the ranch stop and pick up 4 to 6 bags. I guarantee that it wont go un noticed or unappreciated. Now I’m not going to tell you
how to act, once you’re on the ranch. If you grew up hunting in Texas you know that already. What I can tell you is Sitting on your butt waiting for hunting time is not the best idea; there is always things that need to be done on a deer ranch. Look for something to help with, take initiative, and Make them remember you. (IN A GOOD WAY). Last thing I can think of is when cull or guest hunting in Texas there is almost always (Shooter Rules) for guests and for paid guns as well. When on hunt if you are not absolutely sure your deer is an (acceptable shooter) THAN LET IT WALK!!! You can do everything else perfectly; have that second invite in your pocket practically. Then you shoot the (Wrong Deer) and it’s Game Over.
GOOD LUCK
Jeff Jeter
President: Texas Cull Hunters Association

Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
DCOXII

PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Good stuff to know don't forget about gun safety keep them guns Unloaded till you get in the stand and always know what and where you are shooting. Lets have some fun this year guys. Remember know one wants to be a baby sitter.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Hey DC whats goin on?? You are correct sir, not into the baby sittin!!! Have you been to Hotwells gun range
to check your rifle yet?? Times getting short and the lines there are going to get long dont dilly dally!!!! Later man
Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 pm

I so agree with what you say about setting on your duff and waiting to hunt. As you said there is so much to do, agreed this will go a long way. Helping out and asking to help out on a ranch area will mean so much to the owner. No one likes a lazy person. Sounds harsh but is FACT. The land owner is good enough to let you come out. Give back , I cant stress this enough. This will speak out more than words will ever. Not many folks will help you if you are not willing to help your self. Again, do not expect to get something with out giving in return. This is a huge error.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 am

Bravo I could not have said it any better my self!!!!! Oh and Welcome to the party!!!!!!!

Cull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation   Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation Empty

Back to top Go down

Dos and Don’ts of Cull Deer Hunting or How to Bag the next invitation
Page 1 of 1