TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeDaily Devotional - Page 7 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Daily Devotional

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

Daily Devotional - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:12 pm

November 15

GUIDANCE WITH GOD’S EYE
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

There have been times when my wife has asked me where an item was located, while I was talking with someone. I would look at her and then look at the item, and she was able to pick it up, allowing me to continue with my conversation. We know each other very well, because we met over a half century ago. How well do you know the Lord? God knows you very well, but He wants you to get to know Him a lot better, and wants to instruct and guide you daily. During World War One many ships were being destroyed crossing the English Channel, because the nitroglycerin was being jarred by the waves, causing the ships to explode. A man went to the Lord in prayer, then read his Bible. He read about snow and ice which gave him the idea to freeze the nitroglycerin. Now there were no more problems when they packed straw around it.

Prayer Thought

What if God decided to stop leading you tomorrow because you did not follow Him today? What if God would not hear you today, because you would not listen to him yesterday? Stay close to the Master!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 pm

October 16

TWO CONTRARY SIDES

Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.

The moment you receive Jesus as your personal Savior a fight within you starts. Your spirit was changed, but the enemy wants to get you back on his side. He will bring all types of thoughts or temptations to you to get you to turn away from the Lord. You will wish to do right, but the other part of you wants you to do wrong. The winning side will be the one that is fed the most. When you fill your spirit with trivia, or ideas that will lead you away from the Lord, you will be more apt to yield to temptations. Paul gives you a good list to think on in Philippians 4:8. The more you fill your mind with thoughts that will be uplifting, the easier it will be for your spirit to turn down things that would distract you from the Lord.

Prayer Thought

You can believe all day long that the Bible is true - and that’s to your credit - but what the Bible says will never affect your life in a personal way, until you start acting on God’s Word.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 pm

November 17

WALKING IN LOVE

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

Walking in love with believers is a requirement for living a holy life. It is easy to say you love others, but it’s more difficult to demonstrate it. Once a lady went to a restaurant that had some tables near the sidewalk. As she was sipping her tea, she noticed a very lovely fragrance in the air. When the waitress came by she asked her where the aroma was coming from. She was told that the workers at the perfume factory had just left for the day, and were passing the restaurant. Their clothes were saturated with the perfume odors, and the wind blew the scent their way. Brotherly love will radiate from you, or the opposite will be evident as well. You’re the one that makes the choice by what you feed into your spirit, because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

Prayer Thought

Be humble - don’t center your life on you! Be first God-centered, then others-centered. Be gentle - that’s power under God’s control - strength channeled. When things get out of control, you don’t.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm

November 18

PROGRAMMING YOUR SPIRIT

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

God has programmed your mind to step aside, or shut down during an emergency. The spirit then takes over and controls the mind through power coming from some other source. Many have filled their spirit with trivia, and can quote large amounts of data, but are unable to cope with an emergency. You are to make a choice to fill your spirit before the emergency arrives. The best choice is to fill your spirit with the promises of God. These will be able to control your mind during a time of trouble. There is no divine faith in the human mind or body. It’s planted and grows in the spirit, because it’s a gift from God. God increases His faith in you as you study and believe His Word. Believing comes from the mind, whereas divine faith must be in your spirit. Take time every day to increase your divine faith by reading the Word.

Prayer Thought

The adage “you are what you eat” in the physical realm, has a direct parallel in the spiritual. If you ingest the TV and books, etc., and eat no Word, “you are what you eat”, but if the Word is your diet - then His strength will be yours.

November 19

ANSWERING KINDLY

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

There will be times when you may become irritated with the way someone is speaking to you. Your first thought may be to retaliate, but is that what the Lord would want you to do? In a small town where it was necessary to go through a telephone operator to place a telephone call, one pastor had to call three times, because the first two times the operator gave him the wrong number. Each time he spoke very nicely to her and didn’t get angry. After he was connected to the right person, the operator asked the person at the next switchboard who the man was. When she was told that he was the pastor of a local church, she decided to go to his church. Ask the Lord to direct your words and thoughts today, so that you will be void of offence toward God and man.

Prayer Thought

“Father, let my life so shine that others might see Your reflection in me.” We’re not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:22 pm

October 20

LIVING A HOLY LIFE

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2. Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

Sanctification and a holy life are the fruits of justification. To remain justified, it is necessary for you to maintain a holy life. Hebrews 12:14 tells you, “Pursue peace with all men, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.” Living in sin is contrary to the nature and will of God, and becomes a stench in His nostrils. Some feel they can continue to be a Christian, and live a sinful life as well. They are mistaken, and unless they choose to change their ways, will find they will be rejected by the Lord in the end. You are to be a reflection of the character and nature of Jesus, which is wholly dedicated to the Lord. Remember, the Holy Spirit is here to help you live for the Lord, moment by moment. Allow Him to help you.

Prayer Thought

When the storms strike, it’s what happens “in” you that will determine what happens “to” you. It’s not the size of your faith that counts but the God behind your faith!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

November 21

JESUS THE AUTHOR
OF YOUR FAITH

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Many Christians act as if living by faith was only a one time situation, and use their faith like a fire extinguisher, which is only used in an emergency. You must do it God’s way, which is living by faith and daily depending on the promises of God. God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and does not change. Jesus is the developer of your faith. He is the head of the body of the Church, and meets your needs according to His riches in glory. Continue in the Word, and as you get to know Him better, you will be able to better understand the principles of divine faith, which is increased by reading your Bible.

Prayer Thought

What is the secret of prayer? What is the secret of moving mountains by the prayer of faith? The first thing to recognize is the presence of Him who created the mountains. - G. Lindsay.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am

November 22

DON’T STOP BELIEVING

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

The only option unbelief has is to quit and give up. You may feel that God is still alive, but will not change your situation. Faith claims God is still in charge and will enable you to overcome. Divine intervention is going to take place when obedience to God’s commands are fulfilled. Are you facing a big obstacle in your life today? Does it look like things are going wrong, and there are no answers in sight? The Children of Israel were in such a situation when facing the Red Sea. The Egyptian army was behind them, the Sea was ahead of them, and mountains were on both sides of them. God had chosen the deepest point of the Red Sea to cross, because He wanted the Egyptians to drown in it. As God intervened in their lives, He will take care of you as well.

Prayer Thought

There’s not a mountain too high for you and God to climb. There is never a river too deep for Him to get you across, there’s never an obstacle that He can’t get you around - just trust Him!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:07 am

November 23

JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

Romans 5:1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Justification is given by God to all who believe. It makes no difference where you live, what background or color you are. The requirement is that you recognize your need of a Savior, and ask Him to take full control of your life. All are treated on the same basis, regardless of social standing. Your dependancy must always be on Him. When you accept Jesus as your personal Savior, you are given citizenship in Heaven. Picture in your mind a country that tells the officers at their border, to only allow citizens of their country to enter that day. It won’t make any difference what type of car you drive in, or what’s in the car, the only way they will let you in, will be if you are a citizen of that country. Denomination affiliation will not get you into Heaven, but being a child of His, will allow you in.

Prayer Thought

Always aim at Heaven and you’ll get earth. Throw in your aim at earth and you’ll get neither. Set your affections on things above, not on earth.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:09 am

November 24

GOD PROVIDES YOUR NEEDS

Job 5:20 In famine He shall redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword. 21. You shall be hidden from the scourge of the tongue, and you shall not be afraid of destruction when it comes.

A famine is sweeping many countries, whereas adverse weather conditions are increasing the shortages in the exporting countries. This is causing a spirit of fear to grip many people, because they see little hope for the future. Are you triumphant over fear? God wants you to be, so you can be a good example to the world. He has given you power over fear that would stop you from claiming His promises. God wants to provide your food during the time of famine, as well as everything else you need. Destruction from storms and earthquakes will come, but the Lord is your protection. Expect Him to honor His Word in a mighty way in the days to come.

Prayer Thought

The Scripture tells you that, “Perfect love casts out all fear.” With God in control, you have nothing to be afraid of, let Him have control.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:10 am

November 25

WALKING IN FAITH

John 9:7 And He said to him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing.

The disciples pointed out a blind man to Jesus. He spit on the ground and made clay with his saliva; then anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. Then the blind man was told to go the Pool of Siloam and wash his face. Normally this would not make any sense to a person who wanted healing. The blind man had to find his way across the city, locate the pool, fight the crowd that was normally there, before he could wash. As soon as he had completed the order, he was completely healed. There will be times when the Lord gives you instructions, but there seems to be no connection between them and the answer to the need you have been praying about. The Lord is looking for obedience on your part, even when you don’t understand why.

Prayer Thought

Faith grows through trusting God when you can’t see or find answers. Delayed obedience is disobedience. Others will follow your footsteps more easily than they will follow your advice.

November 26

USING FAITH OF OTHERS
Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” 11. “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go your way to your house.”

Once a man was brought to Jesus by four friends. Since the crowd was too big, his friends took off some tiles on the roof and let the man down. He was too sick to use his faith, so Jesus honored their faith. The man still was not qualified to receive healing because of his relationship with God, so Jesus took care of that problem first. Once his sins were taken care of, he was completely healed, see Mark 2:10-12. There may be times in your own life when you are too ill to believe for healing. Find someone who knows how to pray, believing for you. Make sure there are no hindrances in your life, by asking the Lord for forgiveness that would stop your healing. Expect the Lord to honor your friend’s faith for your total victory.

Prayer Thought

It is not the greatness of your faith that will move the mountains, but your faith in the greatness of God.

November 27

GOD HONORS HIS WORD
Isaiah 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

God has given you the privilege of quoting His Word, and then expecting Him to honor it. He loves to see you expect Him to stand behind His promises. Many claim that miracles were to get the Church started in the days of the apostles, but are no longer available. God has a different idea, because He wants you to believe for miracles in this century as well. First identify the need, next identify the promise in the Bible that will apply to it. Thirdly ask the Lord what His will is, then bring the need and the promise to God in prayer, reminding Him of His promise. Faith is depending that God is going to honor His Word in spite of the circumstances. There may be oppositions to faith, but your faith must stand on the Word of God.

Prayer Thought

His Word cannot lie, His Word will never let you down - but His Word is useless unless you follow the Prescription and USE it!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:11 pm

November 29

COMING BOLDLY TO GOD

Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Are you facing a difficult situation today and don’t see any way around it? As you share your problem with someone else, their response may be, “Join the club, because I’m in the same situation.” Take your need to the Lord, because He wants to help you today. He wants you to boldly state that He is your helper. Speak with confidence, because He will not let you down, if you are living for Him. His idea is that there is nothing people can do to you that He can’t control. Daniel’s three friends may have felt God let them down when they were put into the furnace. They soon found out that Jesus was with them during the trial, enabling them to walk around in the fire, although it had just destroyed the people who threw them in. When they came out of the furnace they were promoted, and God received greater glory.

Prayer Thought

Jesus always carries the heavy end of the cross. He will never allow you to bear more than your strength will permit. If your load is too heavy, maybe you’ve taken more of it than He’s given you.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 pm

November 30

LISTENING
TO GOD’S VOICE

John 10:27 My sheep HEAR MY VOICE, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Living a life of holiness enables you to be able to hear the voice of the Lord, as well as Jesus being able to say: “I know you.” The closer the relationship you have with the Lord, the easier it will be for you to recognize His voice. Balaam in Numbers 22:21-34 knew of the Lord, but did not have a close relationship with Him. It became necessary for God to use a donkey to speak to him. The sheep who are close to the shepherd learn to recognize the voice of their shepherd. You will not only learn to recognize His voice, but will find that He longs to talk to you frequently. Prayer is a two-way street. The Lord wants to talk to you as well as hear from you through effective prayer. Determine to make your prayer life more productive, by spending more time with Him today, and you will be well rewarded.

Prayer Thought

“Wishing will never be a substitute for prayer.” - Ed Cole. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, - Philippians 4:13
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:27 am

December 1

GOD WORKING IN YOU

Philippians 2:13 For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Hypocrisy is common in the lives of many who claim to be Christians, because they are hearers and not doers. Many act as though a life of holiness is an endurance race, and feel they must try harder to be successful. Realize its God’s work in you that makes it possible for you to live a life of holiness. His power flowing through you will enable you to reflect His nature and character. Others will see this, and realize you have been with Jesus. This will be possible as you spend time in His Word and pray daily. Prayer should be communication between you and the Lord, instead of just a one sided conversation. During this time the Holy Spirit will be able to give you guidance for the day’s activities, on many occasions saving you a lot of problems, if followed. He also wants to give you ideas that will help others in their time of need.

Prayer Thought

If you wish to know the character of the prince, look at his ministries; if you wish to
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

December 2

KNOWING GOD’S NAME

Psalm 91:14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name.

In Bible times many were given names because of their meanings. Do you know the meaning of the names of God? In one sense the word “God” is a title and not a name. God has many names, and it’s an excellent idea for you to make a list of them, learning and memorizing their meanings. One of God’s names is “Jehovah Jirah,” which means “MY PROVIDER.” God wants to stand behind the meaning of His name to be your provider. Don’t think of it as being His responsibility to living up to His name, but start thinking of it as your responsibility to depend on His promise. Praise the Lord that He is your provider, and He will supply your every need. He is faithful to fulfill His promise. God receives glory when He supplies the needs of those who depend on Him.

Prayer Thought

Be not weary in well doing - if you don’t cut and run, God will bring you through to the end of the tunnel. Stick to it!! God is bigger than any problem, and He will provide. - The Message.

December 3

THE LORD
OUR STRENGTH

Isaiah 40:29 He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.

Many have stated they are not as young as they used to be, because they feel more aches and don’t have as much strength as they once did. Do you feel helpless? Listen to what you tell others. Are you telling all about your problems, or are you telling others what God has promised in His word, and will do for you? Whenever you are complaining about your problems you stop faith from working in your life. You should be praising the Lord by telling others that God is going to honor His Word and cause a change to take place to meet the need. In the United States people may phone “9-1-1” for emergency help in time of need. God wants you to rely on His promises. Quote Psalm 91:1. God wants to honor His Word, but you must first believe, then act on it. Ask Him how you should pray, then expect results.

Prayer Thought

“Steep your life in God - reality, God - initiative, God - provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” - The Message.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 6:13 pm

December 4

HELP IN TIME
OF TROUBLE

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3. Though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.

Are you facing uncertainties and difficult situations today? You may feel as though the Lord has deserted you, but actually He wants you to turn your stumbling blocks into stepping stones. Memorize the above verses today, and ask the Lord to plant them in your spirit. He wants to help you, regardless of the problems you are facing. Don’t be afraid because the Lord is in control, and He will not give you more than you can bear. Start praising Him for the answers and He will cause those answers to come. He is a wonderful God and wants to bless you in a big way today.

Prayer Thought

God’s faithfulness has never depended on the faithfulness of His children. He is faithful even when we aren’t. When we lack courage, He doesn’t. God is greater than our problems or our weaknesses. In fact its our weaknesses that reveal how great God is!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm

December 5

PREPARATION FOR SERVICE
2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Lack of holiness in your life is a good way to keep from being approved by the Lord. Paul tells you to be diligent to present yourself approved to God, which indicates it takes work. This is not to be a hit or miss situation, but a daily act on your part. Temptations will come to get you to think or act like the world, but when you have the goal of always wanting to have the Lord’s approval, you will do your best to resist those thoughts. The next thing mentioned is that you are to rightly divide the Word of truth. Many who do not read their Bibles, claim it is too hard to understand. This is only an excuse because the Holy Spirit is very willing to help them understand. Any time you don’t understand something, ask the Lord to direct you, because He wants you to use His promises effectively.

Prayer Thought

I shall never have asked too much, I shall never have thought too much, until I’ve asked beyond God’s ability!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 pm

December 6

PATIENCE

Hebrews 6:12 That you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

In these days of instant coffee and many other instant products, delayed action becomes frustrating in the lives of many people, because they are looking for instant gratification. There will be times when it’s the will of the Lord to receive the answer, but it is not the right timing. Frustration can become possible when you are not completely depending on God’s promises. The easier it will be to depend on God’s promises as you see other promises fulfilled. Start looking for simple ones that will be easier for you to believe. Then raise your level of faith to receive the answer. Later as the need arises, aim a little higher, and raise your faith for that answer. Romans 10:17 tells you, “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” Study your Bible to receive more faith.

Prayer Thought

Faith is not believing God can; faith is believing God will. Faith opens the door to God’s promise and patience keeps it open until that promise is fulfilled.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:41 pm

December 7

IMPATIENCE

Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Impatience will frequently put you into a crisis that would not have come had you been patient. Frequently people go to God in prayer as an afterthought, instead of coming to Him in the beginning to find His will. Problems will come when you listen to the wrong “experts.” This is usually based on the visible which is presently happening, whereas God sees what is going to happen. When Paul was on the ship going to Rome, Acts 27:13-26, during the storm the sailors panicked and threw out much cargo and tackle. Don’t throw out things of value in a time of crisis. Some stop reading their Bibles, praying or going to Church, whereas if they would hold on a little longer, they would receive God’s answer for them. Wait for God’s direction in your time of need, and you will be blessed.

Prayer Thought
Exodus 14:14 says, “The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.” - N. A. S. B. Impatience can cause wise people to do foolish things
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm

December 8

REJECTING
THE HOLY SPIRIT

Proverbs 29:1 He who is often reproved, and hardens his neck, will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

There are those who serve the Lord, and later turn away from Him. They seem to feel that they can come back to Him any time they want to. God is not only a God of love but He is also a God of wrath. Sometimes people are looking for a license or excuse to sin, because they have no real desire to turn from evil. They still want God’s protection but will find that eventually the Holy Spirit will no longer speak to them, see Genesis 6:3; Proverbs 1:28; Jeremiah 7:16; 11:11, 14. It is very important for you to allow the Holy Spirit to direct you daily. Failure to listen to His direction will cause you to have a hardened heart or spirit. You may get to the place where the Holy Spirit will no longer speak to you. Stay close to the Lord so you will never drift away.

Prayer Thought

Satan would trip you and try to get you to believe his lies, he would sift you and destroy you. God allows problems to draw us to Him and grow us. Believe the truth!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:09 pm

December 9

GOD’S DIRECTIONS

Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

A life of communion with God has an enormous advantage, because He is able to direct you daily. Have you come to your wits end because you didn’t know what to do? The secret of having continual guidance is to have the desire to be directed by Him. “In all your ways acknowledge Him” is not only talking about lip service, but your motives as well. Receive advice as well as direction from the Lord as you stay in tune with Him. When listening to the radio while driving through mountains, you will sometimes have problems if the dial is not frequently re-tuned on some radios. Changes must be made when you start to realize you are not reflecting the nature of the Lord in some areas of your life. Go back to His Word, and go to the Lord in prayer. Then you will see an increased amount of divine guidance in your life.

Prayer Thought

When you bake a cake or make a bird house you go to the “book” for directions. God’s book of directions is a no fail recipe, and can always be relied on. Try it.

December 10

THE PRESENCE OF GOD

Acts 27:23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve.

Anchors in your life are always necessary, and the storms of life can never hide the face of God. You never go through anything alone, because the presence of God is always available for you. Pay attention to God’s purpose in your life because you need to have a sense of destiny. You may not understand where He is taking you, but as you trust in Him, you’ll not be let down. Picture in your mind a man who falls off a cliff in the dark. As he falls he passes a tree, and grabs a lower branch. He calls for help and someone tells him to let go and drop. Not knowing how far it’s to the bottom, he asks for a second opinion. If he knows he is only two feet from the ground, he will gladly let go. Many times the answers you are looking for are within reach, but you cling to the problem. Ask God for instructions, then let Him help you, let go!

Prayer Thought

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He WILL direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6. Your needs are never greater than God’s supply.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 pm

December 11

GOD KNOWS THOSE
WHO TRUST HIM

Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him.

A stronghold is a fortress or place where you can receive protection from enemy attack. God is a good God, and wants to become your fortress. Sometimes He will give directions which may not make any sense at the moment, but later you will find it was the best thing you could do. At the close of World War Two a friend of mine was living with his parents in East Germany. One night his father came home and told the family to pack their suitcases because they were immediately leaving for West Germany. They crossed the border at 9 p.m., and the Iron Curtain went up three hours later. God had directed the father, protecting them from the trouble to come where they had been living. Since you are trusting the Lord, expect Him to become your protection in a time of need.

Prayer Thought

If Jesus says, “Get into the ship,” He doesn’t expect you to drown getting to the other side. Stormy weather doesn’t last forever. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Don’t be moved by what you hear, feel or see. Just trust God’s promises.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm

December 12

GOD’S PROTECTION

Psalm 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand. 24. You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

The Psalmist states he is continually with the Lord, which is why God holds him by his right hand. How can he claim this? This is possible as you make it a lifestyle of serving the Lord and trying to please Him. Wanting to please the Lord with your thoughts, words and actions will be possible when that becomes your desire, because He will give you the ability to do so. The Psalmist next states that God guides him with His counsel. God shows no partiality Acts 10:34, and will do the same for you - if you will let Him. Make it a daily habit to spend time in prayer and reading His Word. Expect Him to give you divine wisdom for the day’s activities, which will enable you to end each day a lot less stressful.

Prayer Thought

There’s a story of a mother hen and her baby chicks that were caught in a barn fire. When it was all over, the hen was discovered dead, but under her wings the chicks were alive and protected. “Under His wings you are safe.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 5:02 pm

December 13

OUR SECURITY

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9. not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Your security is not based on your faith, but on God’s faithfulness to His promises. God gave you a measure of faith in the beginning, as seen in Romans 12:3, but He is expecting you to start using this faith in accordance to His will and plan for your life. He wants to bless you and make you a blessing to others. If you are not affecting the life of someone else, you are not fulfilling one of the reasons why God is blessing you.

Problems will come your way, but they can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones. Your attitude will determine if it is a problem or a challenge. Use your faith and claim Scriptures that will overcome the need.

Prayer Thought

Faith is taking a pencil and underlining all the “me’s” and “mine’s” and “my’s” in the Bible and appropriating them.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 1:37 pm

December 14

THE LORD
MY DELIVERER

Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

It is impossible to sell someone on something you’re not totally sold on. Whatever is on the inside will be spoken by your mouth. If you have much doubt, you will frequently be speaking negative things. You may try to cover up what you say by stating, “I was only kidding.” Actually what was on the inside came out. Are the words of the above verse only in your mind, or have you planted them into your spirit as well? You limit the power of God working in your life by the words you speak, because Proverbs 6:2 states, “You are snared (trapped) by the words of your own mouth.” The Lord is your deliverer, but this will only be available as you depend on His promises. Find the ones He has for you and see Him honor His Word.

Prayer Thought

We have the capacity to encourage or discourage, to lift up or to tear down. Words are powerful tools. Controlled by the Lord they can be mighty. Controlled by Satan, they can destroy, - you choose!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:37 pm

December 15

ANGELIC PROTECTION

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, (reverence and worship God), and delivers them.

To reverence and worship the Lord is the key to having divine protection through angelic help. Some have had angelic help, but have not realized it. Others realized it, but did not see the angels. Once during the 1930's my grandparents were traveling with us in South Africa. The muddy road had two sets of ruts, the front wheels were in one set, but the rear wheels were in the second. My father tried very hard to change the situation, but was not successful. We were praying to know what to do, when my grandfather said the only way we would get out, was if the angels helped us. Just then the back of the car was lifted into the air and placed in the proper set of ruts, enabling us to immediately go forward. Do you need divine intervention today? Ask God for help, He wants to help!

Prayer Thought

God sends His angels in the most unexpected forms and places. Don’t limit His resources. Whatever your need He will supply in the most timely way, you can depend on that!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 3:37 pm

December 16

JESUS YOUR
BURDEN BEARER

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.

Many will tell you they have too many things to do, and can’t take on one more project. Mothers will frequently state they have more things to do than they have time. There are some who are working two or three jobs just to make ends meet. All of these examples show many are carrying heavy loads. If you feel you have a heavy load to carry, then Jesus has the answer to your need! He tells you in Matthew 11:28 to come to Him and He will give you rest. He plans to help you succeed in life, and not have to live a defeated one. If you need to work several jobs to make ends meet, ask the Lord to give you wisdom to know what to do. He can help you find the right position that will get rid of your frustrations, which will enable you to be a better witness for Him.

Prayer Thought

“Are you tired? Worn out? Come to Me. Get away with Me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take real rest. Walk with Me and work with Me - watch how I do it.” - The Message.

December 17

PEACE IN THE STORM

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

In many countries problems seem to be greatly in-creasing, leaving people with nowhere to turn. Is this your situation today? God knows where you are, and has the answer for you. The Lord wants to give you His peace in spite of the storm you are in, which will cause others to wonder how you can be calm during the time of trouble. For many in the world, peace means stopping the conflict until a more opportune time arrives. They then start the conflict with the expectation of defeating you. The type of peace Jesus has for you, is connected with a victory for you. Fear might start to grip you because you don’t see the answer, but this verse tells you not to be afraid. Tell the temptation of fear to leave in the name of Jesus, and then expect to see victory in other areas as well.

Prayer Thought

Satan is a dethroned angel - the only thing he knows is what you tell him, or what he can program into your mind and get you to verbalize. Fear knocked at the door, faith answered, and no one was there.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 pm

December 18

GOD IS
YOUR STRENGTH

Psalm 37:39 But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.

Problems will increase in every country in the near future, but Jesus said, “See that you are not troubled,” Matthew 24:6. He said that because He plans to help you on condition that you depend on His promises. If you become afraid because of circumstances, you don’t need to because of God’s help. Luke 21:26 points out that many people’s hearts will fail them because of fear. God wants you to prepare beforehand by filling your spirit with His promises, so that you will use them as ammunition against the problems. The key to this protection is being part of the righteous, which allows His strength to protect you. Try to memorize three new promises each week, applying them as they are needed. Others will see your confidence which will allow you to help them.

Prayer Thought

God is the strength of your life and your portion forever. He will not let you down. His strength is made perfect in your weakness. Obedience is the fruit of faith; patience is the bloom on the fruit.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm

December 19

WHY SHOULD YOU FEAR?

Isaiah 41:13 For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, “Fear not, I will help you.”

One of the biggest temptations many have is to fear. You need not be bound by a spirit of fear, because you can receive victory over it. Nehemiah 6:13 shows you that acting in fear is sin. Understand that being tempted to do something is not a sin. The problem comes when you act on the temptation, and becoming fearful is acting on the temptation to fear. Ask the Lord to forgive you, and then fill your spirit with Scriptures that will build up your faith, so that you will not fear. Fill your mind with the promises of God, and tell yourself what God meant to you when He made those promises. In the above verse He tells you not to be afraid because He will help you during these times when you are surrounded by things that will make you fearful. Expect God to honor His Word in your life.

Prayer Thought

The greatness of your fears shows the littleness of your faith. Both faith and fear sail into the harbor of your mind, but only faith should be allowed to anchor.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 pm

December 20

VICTOR OR VICTIM

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

Have you ever felt everything was going wrong, and nothing seemed to go right? Join the group, your not alone, the enemy of your soul is trying to get you down. You can take control of the situation, or you can allow it to control you. The secret is to use Scripture to turn your situation into one of triumph. Allow the Word to take the stress point and turn it into a stepping stone or victory for you. Whisper a prayer before you speak or act, and you will not regret what you say. Others will be watching to see how you react during your time of need. God is wanting His joy to be exposed through your words and actions, to answers to your problems. He receives glory when His power flows through you.

Prayer Thought

God knew yesterday what you’d be going through today. Although He didn’t keep you from it, He will keep you in it! Trust is an action; are you going to “act” or “react?”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:57 pm

December 21

THINKING BIG

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

God has an image for you that might be quite different from what you have in your spirit. His thoughts are not thoughts for bad, but of peace. He wants to help you and give you peace while trying times are around you. Many Christians have an inner image of lack, because they’ve not been able to claim the promise that God will always meet all their needs according to His Word. The inner image in your spirit must be changed to match the vision God has for you. This image must match what the Word teaches if you want to see more of God’s promises fulfilled in your life. When in prayer, ask the Lord what His thoughts for you are for the day. Ask Him to raise your level of faith to expect what He wants to be fulfilled in your life. Expect Him to reveal more to you as you draw closer to Him.

Prayer Thought

The reason you can trust and be at peace while going through the battle, is because your loving Father has gone ahead of you. He is your Rock, your Anchor, and your sure foundation!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:30 pm

December 22

TOTAL CONFIDENCE

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens (Greek: empowers) me.

Most Christians do not have total confidence in the promises of God. They would like to see them fulfilled in their lives, but are not really expecting the an­swers to arrive until they get to heaven.Strongholds in the mind are established whenever a person feels a situation can’t change. A person who says he can’t overcome his temper, has established a stronghold in that area. This allows the enemy’s forces to enter through that door and cause many other problems in his life. These strong-holds will continue as long as you do not completely depend on the Lord, or spend much time reading His Word. Fear will stop you from starting something the Lord has for you, even though God says you can do all things through Christ who gives you the strength. Look for Scriptures to overcome the problem, then depend on them.

Prayer Thought
Read the Word, based on obedience, not understanding - it will come. Don’t just read it - walk in it. If you walk in it, you are trusting God to accomplish in you that which He start
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:45 pm

December 23

ONE MEDIATOR

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.

John 14:6 Jesus tells you, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Growing up on a mission station I have seen a number of people, who wanted to speak to my father, come to me so that I would speak on their behalf. In John 12:20-22, some Greeks wanted to see Jesus, so they first went to Phillip. It’s not necessary to go through some departed saint, or anyone else. There is a country in Latin America that has a “saint” for every day of the year. Once I saw a calendar that had at least one “saint” listed for each day, so that you knew who to pray to for that day. Today, since the Resurrection, Hebrews 4:16 tells us to come boldly to the throne of grace. You come to God the Father through prayer, which is done through the name of Jesus. Use your authority and come directly to Him anytime you need Him!

Prayer Thought

We have an open door to the throne of God, day or night. He never goes on vacation, or turns a deaf ear, nor do we ever get a “disconnect” or “busy” signal. Our problem is we don’t have because we don’t ask.

December 24

JESUS THE
ONLY GO BETWEEN

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

How many times have your heard there are many ways to get to God? It seems as though some people want the Bible to say what they believe, instead of believing what the Bible teaches. In many parts of Africa ancestral worship is practiced. Since the ancestor is not the Creator, logical thinking will infer that the ancestor becomes a go-between for themselves and God. Since Jesus stated “I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Me,” then you must conclude it’s Jesus plus no one else, not ancestors, saints or anything else. Don’t deceive yourself into thinking God will make an exception in your case. It’s extremely important to go by what the Bible teaches, rather than man-made traditions. God is open to your cry; come to Him now.

Prayer Thought

When there is a tried and proven way, why look for alternatives? He is the way! The ONLY way!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:39 am

December 25

GOD SENT HIS SON

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Today is when we commemorate the birth of our Savior. If He hadn’t come to pay the ransom for sin, each one would still be lost, because the blood of animal sacrifices was only a covering for sin until the Messiah came, because it would never remove the penalty for sin. God is looking for thankful people who are wanting to live for Him. Determine in your spirit you are going to be a greater reflection of His nature than ever before. Expect the Holy Spirit to guide you on a continual basis. The first part of the above verse refers to God’s love. He wants to demonstrate His love for others through you. The more time you spend in praise and worship, the easier it becomes for you to reflect His love to others. Sometimes this may be hard to do, but expect God to help you.

Prayer Thought

Praise should be a definite part of your life every day. It would probably surprise you if you knew how much answered prayer depends on your attitude of praise to God. “Be thankful unto Him and bless His name”.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 4:38 pm

December 26

SPEAKING IN GRACE

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Speaking in grace has two meanings. The first is speaking in divine favor, which comes as a result of spending time in prayer before speaking. This enables you to say things from the Lord to help the person you are speaking to. Many time others are looking for answers, and don’t know which way to turn. The Lord knows what they need, and shows you what to say.

The second meaning is speaking in kindness and this helps build others. Many times people have said things they later regretted, because they were not speaking in grace or love. Lack of tact can be over-come through prayer, because divine favor will help your thoughts before the words are spoken.

Prayer Thought

It’s nice to know that when you help someone up a “hill” you’re a little nearer the top yourself. There’s no better experience for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:12 pm

December 28

BE CONVINCED, GOD WILL
MEET YOUR NEED

Mark 1:40 Then a leper came to Him, imploring Him, kneeling down to Him and saying to Him, “If You are willing, You can make me clean.” 41. And Jesus, moved with compassion, put out His hand and touched him, and said to him, “I am willing; be cleansed.”

In the above verse you see a man who was convinced that Jesus could heal him, but he was not positive that Jesus would do it. This is the problem with many people today. You must become convinced that Jesus wants to and will heal you. When you have met the conditions and believe that Jesus will honor His Word and heal you, you will receive your healing. God wants to work in your life today. Ask Him to show you if there is anything that will stop you from receiving the healing you desperately need. Take care of it, then expect Him to work in your life.

Prayer Thought

Remember God said, “I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health... 3 John 2. The Word of God is health - - I am the Lord that healeth thee! (Exodus 15:26). Don’t keep putting band-aids on your problems, you could bleed to death. Go to the Healer.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 am

December 29

SALVATION PROVIDED
FOR EVERYONE

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

God has provided salvation for all of mankind. However, not all men have accepted salvation. You are to put away ungodliness, because this is against the nature of God. Your righteousness does not save you. It is only the mercy of God that permits you to believe in Jesus and accept Him as your personal Savior. From the very beginning, God decided that those who came to Him, should become like His Son. He wanted the Son to be the first, with many brothers. God was the one who chose you, and then called you to come to Him. He declared you “not guilty,” because of your trust in the salvation provided by His Son. God filled you with Christ’s goodness, gave you right standing with Himself. You need the guidance of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis in your life.

Prayer Thought

Your prayer should be, “Lord, lead me, guide me along the way, for if you lead me I cannot stray. Lord let me walk each day with You, lead me, oh Lord, lead me.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm

December 30

RECEIVING ANGELIC HELP

Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, (reverence and worship God), and delivers them.

Angelic forces are always given the responsibility of protecting God’s people. They are assigned to minister daily blessings to you. You stop the process with your words when you say things that express doubt, fear and unbelief. Fill your spirit with divine faith to expel words of unbelief. God sends angels to every believer who fears Him. The word “fear” used in this manner means: 1. A compelling desire to serve the Lord 2. A reverential trust 3. Worshipping the Lord. The angels are sent to assist and protect those who have salvation. They come to enforce the covenant of God which includes protection, health and prosperity. God gets pleasure in the prosperity of His obedient children. When you depend on the promises of God, you allow the angels to cause you to prosper.

Prayer Thought

Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Make sure that what’s in your heart is what you want to come out of your mouth. The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they’re too strong to be broken.

December 31

GOD IS GREATER

1 John 4:4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Many allow the feeling of inferiority to control them when looking at their spiritual lives. You must realize the Holy Spirit is able to do all things through you, when acting on the promises of God, see Ephesians 3:20. The enemy will try to get you down, but the Holy Spirit in you is far greater and stronger than the enemy. Answers to prayer will not come because of your ability, but because of God’s availability. Effective prayer is the Holy Spirit praying through you to touch the heart of the Father. Faith moves first, then God moves in answer to the use of your faith. God is unable to perform any miracles when He is confronted with impurity or unbelief. Ask the Lord to remove any hindrances in your life, so that He can work through you in a big way.

Prayer Thought

Be all and only for Jesus. Let Him use you without consulting you. - Mother Theresa. When a Christian sets his mind on Christ, he develops a wonderful calm-plex.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm

INTRODUCTION

Many times people have said, “All I can do is pray,” and frequently the response is, “Has it come to that?” Why do people think that way? They don’t have an earnest expectation that God is going to meet their need. When we are convinced that God is a good God and wants to help us, we will change the above thinking to, “All I have to do is pray.”

God always supplies the needs to complete what He assigns for you. When the Lord assigned the responsibility of leading the Children of Israel to victory during the days of Gideon, He called him a mighty man of valor. Although Gideon did not feel that way, the Lord provided the courage as well as the ability to complete the task.

The world will make assignments, but will frequently not make provision, except to say; “Make it happen.” When Pharaoh refused to provide straw to make bricks, Exodus 5:7, he still expected the people to fulfill their daily quota, and punished them harshly when they could not comply.

Do you feel that you are in a similar situation like the Children of Israel found themselves? God wants to give you a divine hope, which is an earnest expectation that He will provide for your needs.

There are three major divisions of HOPE:

1. NATURAL HOPE: the hope people of the world use.

2. The HOPE OF GOD: divine hope.

3. The “BLESSED HOPE:” the Rapture.

There are three kinds of faith:

1. Human Faith

2. Faith of the Senses

3. Divine Faith or the Faith of God.

HUMAN HOPE

The word “hope” when used as human hope, has many meanings:

1. Wishing something to take place

2. A desired result after preparation

3. What hope is placed in

4. The person one places his confidence in.

WISHING

Often when you use the human type of hope you are using the word in a sense of wishing to see something take place. Many pray to God and hope that He will answer their prayer. This type of prayer will receive no results, because when the word “hope” is used this way, it becomes an enemy of faith. This type of hope would like to see the prayer answered, but is not completely expecting the Lord to answer. You are basing your ideas on faith of the senses, which refuses to believe until the evidence is received. You are limiting your vision of God’s power to your experiences, or what you have seen. You are not completely expecting God to demonstrate His power to fulfill His Word. The excuse some people have is: “Well, you never know what the Lord will do.” People who make this kind of statement do not really know their Bible or the nature of God. 1 Corinthians 2:9 is referring to the carnal Christian or the unconverted person. This type of person does not really understand that God wants to honor His promises, when they are applied with divine faith and divine hope. Verse 10 is talking about the person who is directed by the Holy Spirit, and is expecting to be guided by Him on a continual basis.

1 Corinthians 2:9 But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 10. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God. 14. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

One of the characteristics, or part of the nature of God is to help people. His nature also requires Him to be governed by the laws He has set in motion. He does not give because you wish to receive, nor will He answer your prayers because you deserve to receive the answer. Those who are not using divine faith are working with the hope of the world, which is only wishing that God will meet the need. God does not answer prayers based on this type of hope. He answers your prayers based on the divine faith that He has given you. This comes from:

1. Studying the Bible, Romans 10:17

2. Believing what we have studied

3. Understanding what we believe, Isaiah 6:9; Matthew 13:14-15 and Mark 4:12.

4. Acting on what we believe.

HOPE BASED ON
YOUR PREPARATIONS

Many people have placed their hopes in their efforts with the expectation of reaching their goal. You may have studied very hard for an examination, with the total confidence that they would pass the tests. During the examination you were distracted and did not pass. People have done much preparation for races or the Olympics. Their hopes were dashed to the ground because of problems beyond their control. On one occasion a man prepared almost sixty pages of material to present in court. When it came time for the Judge to hear his case, the Judge refused to accept any of his work. His hopes of getting a favorable decision were completely destroyed.

HOPE BASED
ON A PRODUCT

Many people as well as companies have placed their hopes in products or ideas, investing their money. They later found that the ideas would not work, or someone else had a less expensive way to manufacture the items. Many people invested in products whose usefulness was short lived. Museums are full of items that were once considered great ideas, but did not last long. Some worked very faithfully in gold or other types of mines, only to find that they were “chasing after fool’s gold.”

HOPE BASED
ON A PERSON

Many people have placed their hopes in leaders or people, only to see their hopes dashed to the ground. Some leaders have made great promises to the people, but were later proven that they had hidden ideas of cheating the people once they came into power. Human hope is very frail, when it is not connected to divine faith and the power of God.

DIVINE HOPE

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Divine hope is the plan or blueprint for faith. This is like a road map that allows your faith to act. Divine hope is not just a wish, because it is placed in your spirit and not just in your mind. It is possible to have this type of hope every time, when you are believing God for something that is in His will for your life. God increases His faith in you in direct proportion to how much time you spend studying His Word. Natural hope places an image in the mind of the person, where as divine hope places the image in the spirit.

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The HOPE OF GOD places an image or vision in your spirit instead of just in your mind. This hope then depends on the faith of God, to allow His power to accomplish or supply the things that are needed. Faith will never have substance, or see the evidence or results, if it does not have this type of hope.

Without the hope of God, which is divine hope, your faith does not have anywhere to go, because there is no goal. Your faith will not accomplish anything without the hope of God to work with it. You cannot use human hope if you want to see the power of God demonstrated in your life. When the hope of God works together with the faith of God, you receive answers to your prayers.

Colossians 1:23 If indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, ...

There have been many people who have accepted Jesus as their personal Savior, but as time went by they drifted away from the Lord. Paul is showing us that we do not need to worry about being turned away from the Lord - as long as we continue serving the Him and do not move away from the hope of the Gospel.

Paul would not have warned you about moving away from the hope of the Gospel, if it were not possible. It is very necessary to protect this divine hope which God has placed in you. It will slip away from you if you allow things of the world to come between yourself and the Lord. Becoming too busy to read the Word, or to go to Church can rob you, causing your divine hope, to turn back to human hope. This later causes the things you used to believe were possible, now seem to be impossible. Your excuse may be “well maybe it is not really God’s will.”

You will be faced with problems that may look like mountains. The size of the mountain will mean one of two things:

1. IMPOSSIBLE: Overcoming the problem may seem like an absolute impossibility with no answers,

OR

2. CHALLENGE: Then the problem will cause you to increase your faith by really studying the Bible, applying what you study, making the problem a lot easier to overcome the next time.

Divine hope is the earnest expectation which comes about because of the confidence you have in the promises of God.

The hope of God has been given to you, and it is your choice to accept or reject this wonderful gift. You receive salvation by words spoken out of your mouth, which must be an expression from your spirit. Divine hope is received in the same way. Many stop this hope from becoming activated by the words of their mouths. They look at circumstances and then say: “There is no hope,” instead of looking to the Lord Who is the source of their hope.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:00 pm

January 1

THE GOD OF HOPE
Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

God calls Himself the God of Hope, and throughout the Bible you see promises which show this characteristic of His nature. He is expecting you to depend on these promises and as a result continue to have an ever increasing hope. Human hope has let all of us down on many occasions, but the Lord has told us He will never leave or forsake us, Hebrews 13:5.

As a God of hope, He has planned a future for you, and will give you the ability to complete the goals He has in mind for you.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Prayer Thought

Father, may I never forget to keep my eyes on You, and know that You care about my future. Note: “As long as we’re sufficient, we’ll never experience His sufficiency.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm

January 2

HOPE AN EARNEST
EXPECTATION

Romans 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

When you use the faith of God to receive what you expect when you pray in the will of God, the Holy Spirit places an earnest expectation or divine hope in your spirit, instead of only in your mind. Divine hope depends on the faith of God! It allows His power to accomplish or supply the things that are needed. When the hope of God works together with the faith of God, you receive answers to your prayers.

God wants to help you in a big way today and has told you:

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

Prayer Thought

Father, today I’m in need, - I’m asking You to meet my need, and according to Your Word, You will hear me, and answer my prayer! Thank You, Lord.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 5:19 pm

January 3

GOD’S JOY -
YOUR STRENGTH

Romans 15:13 Now may the God Of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Nehemiah 8:10 ....Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Faith is like dynamite and will blow away impossible situations. The fuse to set off the dynamite is the joy of the Lord, however you have to protect it, because small things can steal your joy. Happiness is governed by outward circumstances, whereas joy is not controlled by the things around you because it comes from within. God is a God of joy, and wants this attribute to always flow through you.

Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Prayer Thought

Thank You Lord for giving me Your joy, and help me to never forget that You are my source.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 pm

January 4

PEACE - GOD’S
GIFT TO YOU

Romans 15:13 Now may the God Of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus paid for your peace at Calvary, Isaiah 53:5, and God wants you to receive this peace He has for you, instead of being bound by stress and turmoil. 1 Peter 5:7 tells you to bring your burdens to the Lord and when you leave them with Him, He will give you a peace that is beyond your understanding. Peace is evasive to many people because they are carrying a greater load than the Lord assigned to them. He tells you in Matthew 11:28, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” When you obey His order, you will see His peace flood over you.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Prayer Thought

Remember: Peace is not the absence of conflict or struggle, and is not the absence of irritating pressure. Peace is the presence of Divine order.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:48 pm

January 5

OVERFLOWING IN HOPE

Romans 15:13 Now may the God Of hope fill you with all joy AND PEACE in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Often after hearing good news, you build your hopes up, but sometimes things will come along, and cause you to lose the hope you just had. Paul explains that the God of Hope wants to fill you up with so much hope that you will abound or overflow in hope. He expects you to have so much, that it will affect those around you. Some may tell you they have lost all hope, but God wants you to have so much of His hope, and be so contagious, that it flows over them as well. Paul had been encouraged by a message from God, (Acts 27:20-25), and gave 276 people on the ship a message of hope which enabled them to overcome their hopelessness.

Remember: all that God has for you cannot be contained in one container, allow it to spill out on others.

Prayer Thought

The eagle that soars in the upper air does not worry as to how it is to cross rivers. As you soar in God’s “upper air”, your problems will be taken care of.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:25 am

January 6

DIVINE HOPE - AN ANCHOR
Hebrews 6:19 This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil.

God has opened the doors for you to come to Him to receive the complete expectation that He will meet the needs you bring Him. Once you recognize that God has placed His hope in your spirit, you can begin to under-stand more of what He has in store for you. This divine hope is like an anchor, or tethering pin, to keep your mind, which is your soul, from drifting back into the area of unbelief. This hope of God enables you to enter the inner sanctuary behind the curtain. You can now enter His presence through prayer, because He is expecting you.

Many believers have an ineffective prayer life because they feel God shows partiality. He loves you just as much as anyone else, see Acts 10:34. Start developing a quality prayer life, constantly go to Him with everything.

Prayer Thought

Thank You Lord that you’re never on vacation, never too busy, or never uninterested in whatever I need to bring to you in prayer.

January 7

A LIVING HOPE

1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

The hope of many people fluctuates with the mood they are in. On occasion when an employee wants to see the boss, he may ask his secretary, “What kind of mood is he in? Sometimes he may choose not to see the person, because there may not be much hope of a good response. God has given you a living hope, which is not dependent on mood swings, weather changes, or other circumstances. Ask Him to enlarge your vision of His hope in you today.

This divine hope will continue to increase, because it’s a living thing which comes from God. If it appears to diminish, ask the Lord what He wants you to do to make it bright again. It’s like a reflector, which reflects His love and favor toward you.

Prayer Thought

You’ve been given a brand new life and have everything to live for, including a future.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:31 pm

January 8

DEVELOPING AN
IMAGE OF HOPE

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

It is very necessary for you to develop an image in your spirit that will match the divine hope that God is trying to give you from the Bible. You have been reborn, and have been made the righteousness of God. This is possible because the Spirit of God dwells within you, and His righteousness has been given to you. The satanic forces can’t penetrate the protective wall God places around His righteous ones. But they can get around this protection when you allow the image of divine hope to be blurred by the image the world is trying to give you. Divine hope can fade from your spirit because of thoughts that come from the world. Protect your divine hope, by guarding your thoughts, because Satan uses them to destroy God’s hope in you.

Prayer Thought

Father, let the words of my mouth and the meditation (thoughts) of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, I pray.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 pm

January 9

PROTECTING YOUR HOPE

Matthew 13:19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.

Matthew 13 shows that you will lose the Word if you do not understand it. Don’t you be one of those Christians who have lost their divine hope, causing it to go back to human hope. This also caused their divine faith to return to faith of the senses. The hope of God can become choked out of your spirit. It is then replaced by unproductive hope that comes from Satan’s ideas and programs. These things choke off hope which removes the goal or blue-print for your faith.

Your hope comes from one of two places. Divine hope, will come from the Word of God, or human hope will come from the news media, or other sources. Don’t let the cares of this world choke and destroy your divine hope.

Prayer Thought

Just as your body cannot remain healthy, if you only eat every few days, so your spiritual strength will be weak, even non existent if you don’t feed on His Word - Daily!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 pm

January 10

COMING BOLDLY TO GOD

Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy (favor, love-gifts), and find grace to help in time of need.

Many Christians have claimed that they have bombarded the gates of Heaven when they prayed. The gates are not locked so you do not have to bombard them. Perhaps the person who has this attitude has the feeling that the Lord is not hearing his prayer. Pay attention to the promises. God is expecting you to come boldly to the throne of grace, because He wants to meet your needs. He wants you to have complete confidence in Him.

Talk to God frequently, build an intimate relationship with Him. He is a loving Heavenly Father, and He wants to meet your needs. There may be times when your earthly father only pays attention when you provoke him, but not so with your Heavenly Father. The divine hope in you is expecting Him to honor His Word.

Prayer thought

Remember, our Lord is not out of touch with our reality, He’s been through weakness and testing. So walk right up to Him, and get what He is ready to give.
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm

January 11

GOD IS MY HELPER

Hebrews 13:6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Divine hope enables you to boldly proclaim you do not have to fear, because the Lord is your helper. You might be facing mountainous obstacles, such as poor health, lack of finances to meet pressing needs, but you don’t have to be afraid, when you are expecting the Lord to meet them. When people are attacking you, don’t be afraid, if your confidence is in the Lord. Instead of looking at the need, look to the One who can solve the problem, and wants to help you. Fill your spirit with the promises of God that show He wants to meet the need, and then expect Him to honor His Word in your life.

Psalm 112:7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. 8. His heart is established; He will not be afraid, until he sees his desire upon his enemies.

Prayer Thought

Father, I guess my key to this day is, “Am I expecting You to hear my prayer? Help me to always walk in expectancy that you will do what you’ve promised.”
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:42 pm

January 12

PROTECTION FROM GOD

Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord.

Man looks at your sin, your faults and failures. God’s DESIRE for you is that you see your fellow Christians as He sees them. To accomplish this He has given you His Word, His Spirit, and the blood of His Son Jesus. Jesus, the sinless Son of God, took your place. God’s wrath was moved from mankind and placed on Jesus. As long as you live under His protection, Jesus continues to cover your sins. God does not remember your previous sins, nor holds them against you. You remain under this protection as long as you continue to place your faith in Jesus. When you take your eyes off the Creator, and spend more time looking or lusting after part of His creation, you are starting to slip out from under His protection.

Prayer Thought

Speak the Word! “No weapon formed against you shall prosper.” Remember, the Word going into you, and coming out of you, is Satan’s worst nightmare!
Back to top Go down
Jackrabbit68
Jackrabbit68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 8:43 pm

January 13

HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS
COVERS YOU

Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord.

On several occasions while teaching, I have called a small boy to the platform. I take my coat off and place it on him, which completely covers his shirt. This represents how the Lord places the righteousness of Jesus around you. Your righteousness can’t be seen any longer, because the righteousness of Jesus is all around you. Your prayers are not answered on the basis of what you have done, but by divine faith and the righteousness of Jesus that covers you.

Maintain an inner image in your spirit that His righteousness is covering you. When you are tempted to think your past will prevent you from having your prayers answered, remind the enemy they have been placed in the depths of the sea, Micah 7:19.

Prayer Thought

When you live in the past, you forget the present and miss the future. Learn from the past - don’t live there.

January 14

RIGHTEOUSNESS
CONSCIOUSNESS

Isaiah 54:14 In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you.

Righteousness is the key to standing before a holy God, not in condemna-tion. Your righteousness must come from God, if you are going to see the power of God work in your life. Each of us must develop a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin consciousness. When this takes place, you will see holiness in your life. This will be possible because you are a doer of the Word, instead of just a hearer. When the storms of life come, if you have been obeying the Word, you will be compared to the house that was built on the rock, Matthew 7:24-27. You must come to Him in faith, so that He can come to you in grace, which is the favor of God. This favor is available to all who believe, and will produce soundness of mind, body and spirit. Ask Him if there is anything that is stopping His complete will taking place in your life.

Prayer Thought

Father, is there anything in my life that will stop You from working your perfect will in me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotional   Daily Devotional - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Devotional
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION :: CHRISTIAN CORNER-
Jump to: