TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeIts about time... I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

Its about time...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 am

Its about time I found a hunting forum that was directed at the everyday hunter.I'm so tired of all the crap on T.V and all the High Fence "zoo" hunting all over the T.V -Dont get me wrong - I like a good 10 pointer with a drop and maybe a split dog catcher with a good mule deer fork...but I'm not gonna pay 2500.00 to kill him and I'm not gonna hunt him while he is captured behind a fence.I like this forum- think I will stick around.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 am

Hey 7 glad to have ya here where going to try and make this the best forum on the web ...Tell all your huntin buddies about us over here bro....
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 am

700X

Real glad to have you here!!!!! TCHA is a new direction in promoting our hunting life style,showing the other
side of the coin, so to speak. Welcome to the club!!

Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks for the welcome fella's . I will do my part to promote the site - and spread the word!
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:44 am

Welcome 7. Always good to be able to talk to another hunter. I'm not big on writing, but I can tell you that I have more posts on this site in a month than I did on other sites after years of being there. Most sites have a problem with several members who seem to like to terrorize your post because you don't agree with them. I haven't seen any of the "drama" on here since I've joined just other hunters who really want to talk.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 10:12 am

The most friendliest hunting site on the web......"Where Texas cull hunters talk huntin"
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:56 pm

We are just getting started guys!!!!!!! This is the first hunting season on the web,and I am
sure that we will see more and more Texans joining in the near future. Thanks Yall..........Cull

Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 8:05 am

This is the time to rock this place ....gets real slow after deer season........
Back to top Go down

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 1:29 pm

add to the forum..

Ie - reloading section,fishing section,Off topic,Gen Discussion etc etc.
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Hog hunting is year round. Spring Turkey, also the light goose conservation order. And looking for a better place to hunt next year.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Fishing forums have way more members then huntin forums cause there are more fisherman then hunters out there....If there was a fishing section added to the hunting site it would not be much help in getting new members to post up during the hunting off season.....Not saying we can`t talk fishin and we should not have a fishing section ...I`d be the first one to ask for it!!!..... Just saying it would not help much to gain new members cause most fisherman do not hunt.........had to learn this the hard way my self trying to build another forum.......

Hog huntin will keep us a float until about July or when it turns off real hot then it will die off ...too hot to hunt means no story`s to tell or pics to post........ I love hog huntin and will be in it 100% on here......

Hunting lease post ....to me this is a great idea ...I have a friend that has leases in deep south Tx. that will let me post up his ads for him ..nothing in it for me just wanting to use this as a tool to build a hunting site ......... thing is this hunting leases section has to be close to outside non members.......Yes, you have to join the site to see the hunting lease listings ....Join for free.....no charge.....If this section is open to the web then it would be a waste of our time cause we would never see the looker again..........

Just my .2 from the past forum work i have put in.......

Shane

Last edited by redog on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm

I just got into goose hunting last year, may have to try it again since I can't find deer where I'm at now. and I want to try turkey and duck also. Wouldn't mind talking to folks who know what their doing.
Back to top Go down

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:28 am

Red has a good idea, there really is nowhere to go (without paying) a middleman to look for a new lease - I like that one.

Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:05 am

Exotic deer you can hunt year round hopefully we can use that to somewhat help fill in the slow time.
Adding sections is not a bad idea but I dont really know how to go about it at this point.
we started it as a free form format to see how it took shape and maybe some catagories would help
I will talk to Ranger and see what can be done.

Cull
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Places to hunt   Its about time... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:28 pm

From all I read I really agree it is hard to find places to hunt. When I was in college I hunted at Ft. Hood and later guided when I was about 19 but haven't been there in a long time. Last I heard it was tough to get out and the commanding general has made it clear he is not interested in the wildlife.

My brother and I go to Colorado for a week each year. That's my hunting unless something else comes along. Take my grandchildren to the coast fishing later. Finished redoing a used bay boat. Use 2002 Baymaster with a 125 merc outboard.

We went pointy sticks this year to try to get into the rut but the animals were high - 11000 feet plus. Great trip. My avatar was my first bare bones elk a couple years ago. Off hand at about 120 yds ready to go into private land and made a neck shot. Dropped like a lead balloon. They are great eating. Missed a much nicer one the year before. We hunt near Pagosa. No stands and real hunting.

Good luck to all.
Back to top Go down
http://swejff@yahoo.com
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Wow Jay, an off hand shot at 120 is really tough to do! Bravo!! The only one time I ever tried an off hand shot
was a follow up shot on a Axis buck. The only reason I tried it was because the first shot I tried was a little off
if you know what I mean. haha................Welcome to the party...............................Cull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Its about time... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its about time...   Its about time... Empty

Back to top Go down

Its about time...
Page 1 of 1