TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeIf you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be Empty
PostSubject: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Imagine a world where there was no grocery store, and you only ate what you could hunt, you have a family depending on you to feed them, and you can only have one gun and no more. What would you own? Remember, unless you hunt, you dont eat..and you have to be a master of only one gun.. What would it be and why..
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Hunt
I cant awnser the ? it hurts my head to think that hard, the first thing I thought of was
that it sounds like a dang good movie!!!! The next thing I thought of was a Black Gun so
Im going with a Black Gun!! Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 5:53 am

I would have to go with a shotgun, 12 ga. It will take down deer, duck, goose, rabbit, squirrel, turkey, and someone coming in my house to try and take my one gun.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:03 am

Put me in for the shotgun also...you can get different loads for what game you want to eat that day ........ I think you have to be good with it and know how to change out you loads quickly...like if your hunting deer with buckshot and a turkey come by.....

Don`t mean to hijack the post but this makes me wonder....if there is no stores and all the land to hunt on is privately own would the land be taken away from the owners and how long before all the game animals are shot out..........

I guess most anything can be taken down with a shotgun here in Texas but what about up north? Elk,Red Stag, etc. The key words...... only one gun!........
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:09 pm

Well, I like the shot gun thought, I kinda thought about a .22. There are always small game, bullets small and you can carry a crap load, and cheap. Birds and personal defense would make me lean to a shot gun too. I guess there are many factors to consider. Like would you have to buy your ammo ect,
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:25 pm

That a good Q`s if everyone had to shoot to eat would bullies/shells be hard to get?...better make every shot count!
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Well if the question is coming down to which bullets, or shells you can get, then I would just use my bow. Big game tip, small game tip, target point. Won't go through arrows as fast as shells and faster to reload than my muzzle loader.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:18 pm

With a bow would there be a day going hungry because of not getting close?
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm not sure but I think this thread has been hijacked, then beaten.
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:23 pm

No hijack just building a new huntin site here...
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Yea, am sure many more have opinions on the subject.. I learn from it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be   If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could only have one gun/ what would your choice be
Page 1 of 1