TEXAS CULL HUNTERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HUNTING AINT NO HOBBY, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE

HomeOPENING WEEKEND I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesLog inRegisterWho's Online

OPENING WEEKEND

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
redog
redog

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Any one here going out opening weekend ?.....We are leaving Friday and coming back Tuesday There calling for upper 30`s in the mornings and low 70`s for the highs ......thats my kinda of huntin weather!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:23 am

I'll be out there opening weekend, I'm hunting LBJ public, have to use my muzzleloader and haven't seen a lot of deer sign, but I know there are deer out there and I'll find them.
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:51 am

Good luck Gentlemen, I have out of town company so I will be dreaming about huntin. Not any different
than any other day except its OPENING WEEKEND!!!!!!!! I know we are going to have stories next week!!

Cull
Back to top Go down
http://www.texascullhuntersassoc.com
redog
redog

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 am

Company on opening weekend ...I would show them where the Frig. is and get to packin ....make your self at home, see ya`ll when i get back!!!........Im out the door come Friday....... went to the doc. last night...... doc say broken bone in my right foot .....said your gonna need a walking boot ..I said make sure its in camo doc im headed for the lease!!!!
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:44 am

hahaha.....Camo walkin boot- That will make for a (Quiet) walk to the stand!!!! Unfortunatly my company this weekend
is my father and I dont see him but every couple of years or so. Believe me I thought about dusting on out of here fri.
My dad would be cool with it but my wife---Not so much!!!! GOOD LUCK Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 am

You a good man Cull..... that would make me stay home too!....Good thing about Texas there`s a lot of season left after opening day and in most places the rut dont even start until around thanksgiving anyway..........Good luck to everyone this season here on TCHA...
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 pm

I got this Boar and my Father in law took him a little 8 this opening day.He had a hard time decided if he needed to walk to shoot, so he pulled the trigger and took him one so he didnt have to get out again. Not in the best health. After much debate, did not process the pig..He needed to go anyway, tearing up everything. Brother got rid of another Boar today, didnt go with him this time. Big was 100 yards at the feeder, .243 with one of those new Winchester power max bonded red box made for deer, performed very well.
OPENING WEEKEND A651374e
OPENING WEEKEND 46c89981
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:15 am

Good job, wish I could find some hog. I keep hearing how many there are in north TX, but can't find a single one. Mad
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:43 am

Hunt

Killer weekend sounds like. with perfect weather to boot!! Man I am jealous!!!!

Fyrdog

Where is Roanoke roughly? I might be able to find something for you in the hog department close to your area.

Cull
Back to top Go down
fyrdog929

fyrdog929

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:14 am

I live right off of 114 about 2 miles from the Texas motor speedway
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 am

Gotcha.........Ill check this afternoon ...................Cull
Back to top Go down
redog
redog

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 am

Nice Hunt!!!! i see a bunch of pork chops on that Big.....Did ya`ll weight the hog?.....

Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Well, we took him around to a few friends that are into hogs, all of them said do not eat him. One guy said lets take his back straps, no sent glands there. So we did.,Tossed the rest. We did not weigh him, but we all guessed 225-250 maybe. He was a boar. BTW that meat tasted like he smelled when i shot him. yea,, bad bad after taste,, no more boar, and if I would have relized what he was, I may not have took the shot. Had to drag that sucker about 100 yards down a draw in waist high weeds, bout killed me. Found a guy that dose a pig for 60.00 up too 150 pounds and he has some secret he dose that makes the pig awsome from what I am told. We will try to get a sow soon and see what happen. First pig I have ever shot or dressed. Learned alot you could say.
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

OPENING WEEKEND De701afe

We took this Monday AM. We guessed he was maybe 170+ on the hoof., Dressed at 138. Stepped 385 paces from blind to deer. 7mm Ultra Mag. Though he was gut shot, but found we hit him on the spine and made a instant kill. Right in two. He was a 7point. cull, he was not going to be any better. Take em out of the gene pool
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:14 am

Nice job Hunt, Thats a good cull and a tasty treat at the same time,you should try your jerk deal on some of it!!

Next time you get some boar straps try minimum 2 days in cooler ageing and then in another cooler mix
1cup coarse salt,1 cup honey,and 1 gallon warm water till dissolved. Add pig meat and cover with ice.
1 bag at first cause it will melt fast,and then add 2 or 3 bags to last over night. Soaking over night in (Brine)
the next day just rinse meat under tap and season for bb-q. Be careful with seasoning not to use salt or something
with a lot of salt in it. the brine soak has it salted just right. Rub it- smoke it -direct grill it whatever itll be good

Cull
Back to top Go down
Hunt to eat

Hunt to eat

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:40 pm

OK, Cull..I will do that thanks..! If it dont work, Im gonna come knock on your door.. jk
Back to top Go down
cullhunter1
cullhunter1

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 7:34 am

Hunt

Try the same thing for a whole ham or hind quarter only inject some of the solution up against the bone to cure
all the way through and then smoke that bad boy over hickory or whatever wood you like. Get a jar of black berry
jelly and add some garlic powder,onion powder,black pepper,a pinch of cayenne and a splash of soy sauce to taste
and glaze that ham while you smoke it. Any kind of jelly works as a base for a glaze I often go thru the fridge and
find the forgotten jars with a couple of spoon fulls left and mix them all together. MMMMM bottom of the jar glaze!!!
Try not to eat it all while you are carving for the family!!!
Cull
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OPENING WEEKEND Empty
PostSubject: Re: OPENING WEEKEND   OPENING WEEKEND Empty

Back to top Go down

OPENING WEEKEND
Page 1 of 1